By KyberVision Consulting, R&D
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FAST ACUITY is the fastest and easiest VISUAL ACUITY TEST for the non-professionals. It can be used to test vision in literate & illiterate people as well as in preschool children! For the optometrists and other vision care specialists we highly recommend our pro version "VISUAL ACUITY".
(IMPORTANT NOTICE: this app has been calibrated for the iPhone and iPod touch ONLY and is NOT appropriate for the iPad because of the different display resolution. For an iPad specific solution, check out "FAST ACUITY XL").
FAST ACUITY could not be easier to use:
1) set precisely the viewing distance to the subject using the bottom slider,
2) adjust the vertical slider to select an acuity range so the subject can easily see the top line but cannot for the bottom line (press the + and - buttons for a finer control),
3) tap the smallest line the subject can fully read.
Et voila! The visual acuity is reported with some useful comments.
Why is FAST ACUITY better than the 150 year-old Snellen chart and other acuity tests available on the iPhone? Because:
- it is an interactive eye chart,
- it produces charts that are randomly generated to prevent memory effects (tap the acuity line above the chart to produce a new one),
- it supports viewing distance up to 8 meters (26 ft) in metric or imperial units,
- it supports the most common acuity units,
- it uses standard symbols specifically designed to test visual acuity in literate or illiterate people and preschool children,
- it follows the VISUAL ACUITY MEASUREMENT STANDARD and the recommendations by the NATIONAL EYE INSTITUTE and the INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY,
Several options are available to customize the test: choice of optotypes (Landolt C, Tumbling E, Sloan, HOVT or Lea sets), acuity units (foot: 20/*, meter: 6/*, decimal, VAR, or logMAR units), choice of 4 or 8 orientations for C & E), choice between black letter on white background or vice versa.
About KyberVision: we provide consulting, research and development services in Vision Sciences. We also develop vision-related applications for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform, that are spin-off products of Psykinematix, our Mac OS X flagship product in the field of Visual Psychophysics. Feel free to subscribe to our newsletter at http://iphone.kybervision.com.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Released: 18 February 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: William Beaudot
- © 2009 KyberVision
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.