Free RPN Calc
By Thomas Chapuis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A free scientific RPN (reverse polish notation) calculator for everyone.
This calculator offers three display formats:
- scientific: number always displayed with Exx
- engineer: number displayed with Exx format where xx is a multiple of 3.
You toggle between these three formats by pressing the "Format" key.
This calculator has a stack of 4 numbers:
- x : the number currently displayed
When an operation is performed, the stack is popped, but the value in t remains, like in HP calculators.
In Reverse Polish Notation the operators follow their operands; for instance, to add three and four one would write "3 4 +" rather than "3 + 4". RPN calculators do not use parenthesis and require less key pressing than usual calculators. For example 3 * (7 - 5) + 2 in RPN is 7 5 - 3 * 2 + .
What's New in Version 1.1
- Bug fixes, improved input buffer & stack management
- Save / restore application state
- Larger buttons
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 01 October 2008
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thomas Chapuis
- © Thomas Chapuis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.