Islam: A Mercy to Humanity - By Jamal Badawi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch or listen to this high-quality Islamic lecture on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch during your daily commute, a long road trip, while working out, or wherever you have an internet connection. Duration: 1 hour, 45 min. Language: English.
What makes this app different from others is quality and originality! This lecture was professionally recorded by us, and the video and audio streamed through this app was encoded directly from the master recording! Furthermore, you get clean, robust, DVD-like menus (see images below) that give you access to the full-length lecture, individual chapters, a catalog listing of many other titles with short previews, sharing tools, and download links.
Please purchase this title and many other titles in our catalog, as you are supporting our efforts to produce more original, high-quality videos in the future, insha' Allah. To view a complete list of our video streaming apps, search for 'islam on demand' on the App Store.
-High quality video and audio! (We're a production company first-and-foremost so you're getting the originally-produced video from the source. We recorded this lecture ourself).
-Auto detection of your connection type: Wi-Fi will automatically play high quality video. All other connection types will play lower quality but faster video.
-Customize your playback preferences. For instance, set up the player to play 'Video and Audio' or 'Audio Only' each time you press play. Or set it up to ask you each time.
-Listen to the audio in the background while using your device (Requires a device that supports multi-tasking running iOS 4.0 or later).
-Professionally designed interface.
-Optimized graphics for Retina Displays and iPad screens.
-Browse other titles in our catalog and watch short previews.
-Share the details of this app with your friends via Facebook or email.
-Access direct links to iTunes downloads.
-Access direct links to purchase DVDs or CDs.
This app requires an internet connection to stream the lecture.
A simple and structured presentation about Islam suited for non-Muslims. After defining Islam and its objective, Jamal Badawi outlines four main reasons why Islam can be considered a mercy to humanity: 1) Its divine origin, 2) Its universality, 3) Its balanced comprehensiveness, 4) Its contribution to civilization in the areas of science, medicine and mathematics. This university lecture is then followed by an extensive question and answer session.
1) The Condition of Humanity
2) The Importance of Interfaith Relations
3) Defining "Islam"
4) Islam's Divine Origin
5) Islam's Universality
6) Islam's Balanced Comprehensiveness
7) Islam's Contribution to Civilization
8) Science in the Qur'an
9) Hadith About Fighting People Until They Believe
10) Was There a Corrupt Pre-Human Existence?
11) The Media's Bias Against Islam
12) Are McDonald's and Burger King Halal?
13) The Qur'an and Astronomy
14) What is the Purpose and Benefit of Interfaith Dialogue?
15) Is the Big Bang/Evolution Theory Compatible With Islam?
16) Conditions for Repentance to be Accepted by God
17) Are Contemporary Christians Considered People of the Book?
18) Is Allah Everywhere?
19) How to Recapture the Golden Age of Islam
20) The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
21) Speed of Light, Extraterrestrial Life
22) Is Arabic a Dead Language? And Seeking Provisions
23) Is Music Haram?
24) Recommendations to Youth Faced With Temptation
25) The Sun Rising in the West
26) Is Homosexuality Genetic?
- Category: Education
- Released: 05 June 2011
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: IslamOnDemand.com
- © IslamOnDemand.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.