By Ahmad Alavi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** NEW IN VERSION 4.0 ***
Capability to add, view, and delete annual events (holidays, birthdays, anniversaries) in both calendars has been added in version 4.0. The date of annual events are displayed in red. See below.
Shake, rotate, swipe, and tap to navigate the calendar through centuries.
Moon Sighting Adjustment: To adjust the calendar, visit the Monthly View (see directions below) while the primary calendar is set to the Islamic calendar and click on the + or - at the bottom right. You may adjust any month of any year by navigating to that month.
The Islamic/Gregorian calendar application for the iPhone and iPod Touch displays the dates of the Islamic or Islamic Civil calendar along with the Gregorian calendar dates. It operates in three different views.
1) Today View
2) Convert View
3) Monthly View
1) Today View (vertical): In this view the application displays the current day's date in both calendars. The primary calendar is displayed at the top and the secondary calendar at the bottom. The application starts in this view.
- Tapping anywhere in this view (except the Convert button) swaps the primary and secondary calendars.
- Rotating the device to the horizontal orientation displays the Monthly View showing the current primary calendar month.
- Shaking the device or clicking on the Convert button displays the Convert View.
2) Convert View (vertical): In this view dates can be converted between the primary and secondary calendars.
- Turning any of the six wheels to the desired day, month, or year will cause the other wheels to be adjusted accordingly. The day of the week of the selected date is displayed at the bottom
- Rotating the device to the horizontal orientation displays the Monthly View showing the selected primary calendar month.
- Shaking the device or clicking on the arrow at the bottom left displays the Today View.
3) Monthly View (horizontal): When the device is rotated to the horizontal orientation, the application displays one month in the primary calendar. The gray numbers at the bottom left of each primary calendar date is the date in the secondary calendar. The current day's date is displayed with a yellow background.
- Scroll left to display the next month.
- Scroll right to display the previous month.
- Scroll up to display the previous year.
- Scroll down to display the next year.
- Use more than one finger to scroll up or down to change the years quicker. Two fingers change the year in each direction by 5 years, 3 fingers by 10 years, and 4 fingers by 20 years.
- Rotate the device to the vertical orientation to display the Today View.
- Shake the device to display the current month.
ANNUAL EVENTS (new in 4.0)
To add one or more annual events, tap on the “hand and pen” symbol at the bottom of the Monthly View. In the new view, provide a month, a day, and a description. Then tap on the save button to save the information. You may enter as many events as you wish before closing this view. The days corresponding to these events are displayed in red in the Monthly View. If the selected day is beyond the number of days in that month, the event will be shown in the last day of that month.
To view the annual events associated with the red text, tap on the red text. All the events on that day will be displayed in a new view. The list can be scrolled in case all the events cannot fit in the view. You may delete an event by tapping on the event in the list and then on the “Delete Selected” button.
If you have any suggestions for future versions or any problem/questions about the current version, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 4.1
Problem with today date not changing fixed.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 18 October 2010
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ahmad Alavi
- © Ahmad Alavi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.