By Kenneth Ballenegger
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Macchiato is a simple plain text editor with a twist. Modeled after TextEdit's plain text mode, the editor is a chrome-less blank canvas. However, it is built from the ground up for writing Markdown prose—and, as such, it will format Markdown text as you write it. Macchiato will not *parse* your Markdown. Rather, it will *stylize* your Markdown source.
### Lion ###
Macchiato is a first-class citizen on Mac OS X Lion, and embraces all of the new Lion features:
* Full-screen mode: for when you need to focus.
* Auto-saving: your work is always safe.
* Version history: go back in time, if you screw up.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Typographical themes.
- Color themes.
- Markup characters are now subdued, making for a more natural reading experience.
- Plain text support.
- Improved user interface.
- Supports Universal Markdown Type Identifier.
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements.