Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track lots of podcasts.
Here’s how it works:
1. New episodes land in your INBOX. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and archive the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Add to and re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your ARCHIVE to review your back catalogue of subscriptions, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
With Castro, subscribing to a podcast doesn’t mean making a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
- Drag and drop podcasts to triage and reorder your next few hours of listening with Castro’s unique queue.
- An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
- CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
- Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
- Our servers find new episodes across every podcast, so your phone doesn’t have to, saving battery life and data usage.
- Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or archive the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $8.99/year or $2.99/quarter (both include a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
- Sideloading allows import of audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive.
- Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
- Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor and a peak limiter to increase volume just where it’s needed.
- Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
- Chapter Support: Skipping & Pre-selection.
- Chapter and episode artwork.
- Customize settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $8.99 per year or $2.99 per quarter. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
[NEW] Sideloading Action Extension: From a webpage with an audio file on it, tap share, then More, then toggle “Sideload to Castro” on. After that you can use that action to save audio files to your iCloud Drive folder which Castro will pick as Sideloads.
[NEW] Watch app now includes volume control.
[NEW] Adds Siri shortcut to Archive & Play Next + “Switch to Night Mode”.
* Reworded “Star” this Episode Siri Shortcut to “Fave” this Episode, which Siri doesn’t interpret as an asterisk.
* Improves performance when playing your first episode after launching.
* Tapping the status bar in a drag session now scrolls to the top of the queue and closes the player screen if open.
* Fixes issue where Castro could interrupt Siri under some circumstances.
* Fixes an issue where Castro would crash if you dropped an episode at a particular point in the queue.
* Fixes a interface issues on the watch app.
* Fixes issue where sideloads could cause incorrect artwork/chapters to display.
* Fixes issue where sideloads that failed to download in Castro wouldn’t show download icon in the retry download button
* Fixes issue where queue would occasionally animate incorrectly on launch in dark mode.
* Fixes an issue when importing a backup that could prevent per-podcast settings from being restored.
* Fixes issue where URL schemes wouldn’t work if the app hadn’t been launched in the foreground.
Ratings and Reviews
The only issue we have with podcasts today? Keeping track of all of the good stuff. Castro acts as our podcast personal assistant. Once we’d rifled through the app’s vast (and we mean vast) offering, Castro helped us prioritize and organize what we wanted to hear—and clear our in-tray by deleting them once we’d listened.
Nice app can still be better
I purchased it and like it.
Everything is really good and reliable after months of continuous use.
I wished to have custom automation filters for each podcast show that allow you to filter downloading or archiving based on certain keywords in the title or episode duration etc.
You made podcast experience jump to next level.
- Supertop Software
- 67.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Supertop 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Castro Plus 39,99 TL
- Castro Plus 12,99 TL
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.