Civil War Traveler
By Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the wealth of Civil War resources in Richmond, Virginia, through historic photographs, and listen to stories of residents who lived through the triumphs and trials in the wartime city with this easy-to-use Nomad app produced by CivilWarTraveler.com.
• The Virginia State Capitol Square, the heart of the Civil War city and home to both the Virginia and Confederate legislatures.
• The White House/Museum of the Confederacy, the restored home of Confederate President Jefferson Davis and his family plus the adjacent museum, the world’s largest repository of Confederate artifacts,
• The Tredegar Iron Works, site of the largest Confederate war-making industrial complex, now home to two first-class museums and Richmond’s Civil War visitor center.
• Hollywood Cemetery, classic mid-19th-century cemetery with rolling hills and river views. Thousands of Confederate soldiers are buried here along with Confederate President Jefferson Davis and Confederate Gens. J.E.B. Stuart and George Pickett.
• Belle Isle and Libby Prison sites, scene of two of the most notorious Civil War prisons.
• Lumpkin Slave Jail site, where thousands of slaves endured a miserable time, awaiting sale in the nearby markets.
• Special feature, “A Fiery End,” re-live Richmond’s fall featuring photographs from the Library of Congress.
- 4,29 TL
- Category: Travel
- Released: 08 March 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 28.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc.
- © Content Copyright 2011, Page One, Inc Application Copyright 2010,2011 Nomad Mobile Guides, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.