By Kiosk Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As a specialized web browser designed to work both online and offline, Kiosk Pro Basic can display web pages, documents or audio & video files as a streamlined kiosk, ready for the public.
This Basic version builds on the functionality included in our popular Kiosk Pro Lite app, adding offline access to locally-stored content, remote update of app settings, the ability to set custom links in the bottom navigation bar, and printing to AirPrint.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base at any time, 24-7.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
Limit where visitors can go
• Define what’s off limits on the web with a list of allowed and restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
Control what's displayed
• Hide status and address bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
No Internet? Not a problem.
• Kiosk Pro supports storing content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• No need to be in the same place as your kiosk to update your settings. You can update by uploading settings onto your own servers.
Keep tabs on your kiosks
• Set up email alerts for power loss and/or remote updates.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device and collect signatures.
• Access current device orientation data to optimize how your content is displayed.
Kiosk Pro is compatible with most web-friendly media, including HTML web pages, PDFs, multimedia (including .mp4 video) and certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files (all of which are shown as documents, not slideshows). Kiosk Pro cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent your visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro, Apple's Guided Access mode must be enabled. Used in conjunction with this app, our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See www.ipadkiosks.com for more details!
What's New in Version 6.5.1
In the recent 6.5 update to Kiosk Pro Basic, we introduced a serious bug that can interfere with page loading.
The bug appears to have been added as part of a different last-minute bug fix. The resulting empty page may be seen after the app is initially launched, following a page reload or after accessing app settings through a touch gesture and passcode.
In this update, we’ve taken care of this issue and would like to sincerely apologize to any users who have downloaded the 6.5 update.
Here are the update notes from 6.5 in case you missed them:
This update is pretty small, though we hope you'll benefit from it in some way. Even if you don't, if you still enjoy our app, we'd really appreciate it if you took a moment to write us a review on iTunes. Or if you just wanna send us a quick note, feel free to tweet us @KioskGroupInc.
• ‘Page Loading Background Color’ is changed to ‘Loading & Default Background Color or Image’ and can support locally-stored .jpg and .png formats.
• We’re moving from our UserVoice helpdesk system to Help Scout, which means that the previous ‘Need Help?’ widget will be transitioning to a link to our new knowledge base. While we’re planning for a seamless transition, if you see any problems, just let us know.
- 52,99 TL
- Category: Business
- Updated: 08 July 2015
- Version: 6.5.1
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Kiosk Group, Inc.
- Copyright © Kiosk Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.