Area Calculator for Land (Area Finder Pro)
By CHS Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Calculate the area for an arbitrarily shaped (closed polygon) area of land. Choose the points that define the area of land by placing stakes (push pins) in a map. Choose either satellite or streets or both as reference points on the map. Accuracy is limited only by the accuracy of native map.
All you need is access to maps over WiFi OR 3G cell services. Cache your maps ahead of time if you need to and the app will still allow you to use the maps without a network connection. If you have no maps available but you have accurate enough location services, you may be able to record the land area anyway using just your current location.
You can also search for locations (internet required) and take the map instantly to the location returned by doing the search.
• Farmers can use to plan field use.
• Fireman planning firefighting requirements for an active fire.
• Landman negotiating with farmers and cattlemen for oil exploration and drilling leases will also find this handy.
• Realtors and investors can use to plan land acquisitions.
• Universal app works on iPhone and iPad.
• Use "tap, hold & drag" to place markers using crosshairs.
• Choose points enclosing plot in any order.
• App is as accurate as built-in maps are. See the image showing the football field as a reference calibration.
• Does not require location services.
• Email to anyone a KML mapping file for use in mapping applications.
• Email automatically attaches an image of the plot as well.
• Email also contains all of the raw data required to re-construct a plot.
• Any simple (convex OR concave) closed polygon will have its area calculated correctly.
• Localization to more languages.
• Calculator for transforming area into dollars or other metrics.
• Also, we will add new features if you tell us about your needs.
USERS PLEASE NOTE:
1) BE SURE TO WATCH OUR YOUTUBE HELP VIDEO FROM WITHIN THE APP OR OFF OF OUR SUPPORT WEB PAGE.
2) UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE DETERMINED THAT OUR ALGORITHM FOR AUTOMATIC PLACEMENT OF STAKES DOESN'T WORK. AND IN FACT, IT IS MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE. THE USER MUST DRAW THE SHAPE IN QUESTION IN A CLOCKWISE FASHION.
• The app does NOT require location services unless you need to record a property and maps are unavailable.
• App requires access to the internet over WiFi or 3G for Maps to be accessible
• App cannot reliably measure areas below approximately 4,000 m² (1 acre) in area -- see support website
• The map must have features that are contextually informative so you can see where to drop pins *OR* you can use location services without a map if one is not currrently cached by the system.
• Satellite imagery, used for reference points, may not depict recent natural or man-made changes.
• Plotted areas (polygons) must be simple, i.e. they may not crossover.
What's New in Version 2.2
New OS compatibility.
- 14,99 TL
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 18 September 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: CHS Systems, LLC
- © CHS Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.