A safe place for your notes, thoughts, and life's work.
# It's simple.
Standard Notes is the easiest notes app you'll ever use. That means a more reliable, long-term experience.
# Encrypted writing is your best writing.
You never really know the power of your words until you experience total-privacy for the first time.
Standard Notes uses end-to-end encryption so that:
• We can't read your notes
• Your ISP can't read your notes
• Your government can't read your notes
We like to say, "Write like no one's watching."
- End-to-end encrypted notes with free cross-platform sync
- Passcode lock and fingerprint lock, with ability to set timing
- Tag notes to organize them in categories
- Pin a note to make sure it's always on top
- Archive a note to stash it away, and unarchive to bring it back
- Auto-save while you type means you never have to worry about accidental data loss
- Offline mode so you can access your notes and create new ones even without an internet connection
- Easy data export option that allows you to backup your entire data set
- Ability to sort notes by when they were created, when you last modified, and by title
- Fast, simple, and easy to use apps, on all your devices, including Mac and Web.
# And so you know, we're in this for the long run.
You want your notes to last as long as you do, and we want our app to serve you for decades to come. Standard Notes is architected on deeply-rooted principles of software longevity and business sustainability.
• We say no to feature requests. Simplicity is the only way forward.
• A sustainable revenue model creates a healthy, long-term environment.
• A non-IPO mindset. We choose longevity over growth.
We're proud to be an open-source notes app. Learn more at standardnotes.org.
- Fixes issue where app would crash during load for some users
- Fixes issue where editor would not be properly sized in iPad split view
- Remove scrolling view for web editors. Now, your note will default to your web editor, if applicable. If you want to switch to the plain editor, press the Manage button, then select "Use Plain" in the "Edit With" section.
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.