By Upbeat Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This "lite" version of Talanome allows you to use the Adi Talam for FREE, and to get a feel for the full version. Upgrade to the full version to unlock the 180 other Talas and myriad options!
"A musician or dancer needs to acquire an ability to maintain an even tempo (kalapramanam) if the finer nuances of rhythm are to be mastered" - From "The Illustrated Companion To South Indian Classical Music" by Ludwig Pesch
Talanome is a must-have app for every Carnatic musician and student of Carnatic Music!
Keep up with a perfect beat, choose your tala with ease, and learn about Carnatic Talas along the way!
All the common talas are available at the touch of a button. You can choose any Tala combination based on the Suladi Sapta Tala system, the system of Talas currently in vogue in Carnatic Music today. You can also choose from 6 Chapu Talas (Tisra, Khanda, Misra, Viloma, Sankeerna and Rupaka Chapu). This gives you 181 Tala combinations at your fingertips! You can set the tempo in terms of the number of aksharas per minute and you can also choose to play the nadai (the number of beats or mathras) between aksharas. (Since the intervals between aksharas in Chapu talams are not further subdivided, Chapu talams do not have nadai). The kalai can be selected up to the 4th kalai.
Like any good metronome, Talanome keeps a precise beat, which is important when you are trying to hone your skills, either while singing or playing a percussion instrument. With Talanome's sound engine, you get the precision of timing that you need and ought to expect!
* Easy to use intuitive interface
* Choice of tempo between 20 and 350 aksharas per minute
* Fine grained control over tempo
* Ability to easily change the kalam by speeding up or slowing down the tempo by a factor of 2
* Precise, accurate beat timing with any tempo
* Choice of 9 common talas at the flick of your finger
* Choice of any of 175 tala combinations of the Suladi Sapta Talas (with nadai)
* Choice of 6 Chapu talams
* Option to play nadai or not
* Ability to play up to 4th kalai
* A unique visual representation of the tala using animation to facilitate following along with the beat
* Talanome sounds can be mixed with other audio/apps
* Ability to enable background play, so Talanome keeps playing in the background even when minimized
* Choose from 4 different sounds - manjira, hand sound, open bell and closed bell sounds - with the ability to pick leading and trailing beat sounds
* Great natural sound derived from a real manjira and Nattuvangam
* Ability to play alternate nadai sounds (mimicing Chapu talam voicings)
* Choose a hand clapping sound for a shruti neutral sound
* Volume control
* Get detailed information about each Tala
* Learn more about Carnatic Talas in the reference section
* Fits in your pocket - no bulky boxes to carry around, and is a multi-functional educational tool to boot!
* Now supported on the iPad as a native app
What's New in Version 4.1.0
* Optimized for iPhone 5
* Volume control
* Audio enhancements
* Minor corrections in primer.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 02 March 2013
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sridhar Rajagopal
- © 2011 Sridhar Rajagopal
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.