Treble Clef Kids Deluxe
By Christian Larsen Music
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on NBC News! Rated "The Best iPad Music Apps for Kids" by iPadForKids.com...
You and your child can learn to read music!
This is the all-inclusive installment in the "Treble Clef Kids" music series, incorporating four octaves of the piano keyboard and both staffs of the musical clef. It includes both the C Scale (white keys) and Chromatic Scale (white and black keys).
"Treble Clef Kids Deluxe", is a fun, interactive and educational way for kids (and adults!) to learn the basics of music theory. Many agree that exposure to music correlates to better performance in school and in life. "Treble Clef Kids" is the first step to enriching the lives of students and parents through music. This app was written to fill a perceived need of a simple yet effective music theory application. It is designed for children and adults of any age!
This is a new method to learn to read notes on a musical staff in a logical, guided way, progressively building upon the skills learned through multiple lessons. It covers both the C Scale and Chromatic Scale through four octaves of both the treble and bass clefs. The lessons include:
- "Practice" mode, to explore the piano keyboard and see the corresponding note names and location on a musical staff.
- Lessons that use a combination of the note letters presented on the keyboard, the name of the note asked for, and the location of the note on the staff. The student is encouraged to play the piano key matching the note letter.
- Additional lessons remove the note names on the piano keyboard, asking the student to identify the right piano key by name.
- Advanced lessons challenge the student without the aid of the letter name, and only presents the musical staff. This is the natural culmination on the path to reading music!
- "Performance" mode is for the student's first recital, using the sight reading music skills learned to read the music of a simple song!
The interactive playing of the piano encourages students to seek the correct answer through the sound of applause, while providing quirky sounds for wrong answers without penalty. In addition, there are no advertisements for wandering kids' fingers to stumble upon.
This is a wonderful app, proven in my own home, with days of enjoyment, challenge, and continued learning.
You and your child can learn to read music, too!
What's New in Version 1.2
Support for either button-left or button-right landscape orientations
- 5,29 TL
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 April 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christian Larsen
- © 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.