By Weather Decisions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MyFox Hurricane: Complete Informative Accurate
Get immediate access to the latest news on hurricanes for the hurricane season, straight to your iPhone from the experts at the National Hurricane Center and MyFoxHurricane.com.
View the most up-to-date conditions and breaking news with exclusive MyFox Hurricane video reports and video briefings from hurricane specialists at the National Hurricane Center.
Follow along through all of a hurricane's stages, starting with updates when conditions are ripe for a tropical disturbance, then the progression into a tropical depression.
Track the next big hurricane in real time and follow its predicted path, including vital statistics on predicted wind strength as the news breaks with briefings from the National Hurricane Center. You can explore interactive tracking maps, detailed radar and satellite images, and watch recently completed video briefings. Or you can look at past hurricanes by location and date for a sense of what's to come.
Be the first to know, and the first to spread the word on the latest hurricane developments with MyFox Hurricane.
## Key Features
Exclusive myFoxHurricane.com content -- check regularly for new information. As the situation evolves additional content will be added.
Watch the latest breaking videos and eye-witness reports on the tropical situation, from inception to the devastating wind and dangerous flooding in low-lying area.
Relive and explore hurricane history, simply choose the year and view the hurricane and tropical storm tracks for the Atlantic Basin.
Get the latest text and video information direct from the National Hurricane Center. Watch the latest video briefings and read the most informative reports from the forecasters at NHC.
Disclaimer – MyFox Hurricane attempts to keep you updated with the latest information about the tropical situation. All official hurricane data originates from the National Hurricane Center (NHC). We strive to provide you with the best information available, however; do not make decisions or take actions solely based on this application, that would impact the safety and / or well-being of yourself or others in your care, as we can not guarantee the precision, accuracy, and latency of the data on which this product is based. Nor do we have control of the network connection that could directly impact the responsiveness of the information communicated.
**** FREE FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts, and severe weather alert badges and text for your current location
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Free 7-day trial for the full alert package
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
• Turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio for a single one-time-only purchase of $9.99. That package includes:
• Five static locations, plus the current location (6 total)
• Push Notifications – Receive push notifications for severe weather warning, watches, and advisories issues by the National Weather Service for more than 100 alert types
• Map Overlays – Enable additional display layers on the map, including warnings, watches, hurricane tracks, and more
• Voice Audio – Spoken alerts, alert details and forecasts
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 2.7.2
-Improvements in audio play back.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 10 March 2014
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Weather Decisions, Inc.
- © 2011 Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.