Adventure Weekends West
By Sutro Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ ★ We're All Rechargeable! ★ ★
★ AUTHORED BY Robert Earle Howells ★ You love the outdoors . . . You love adventure . . . But you never seem to have enough time. This app is for you.
An adventure getaway can feel like two weeks of recharging time . . . IF you know where to go. And where to stay.
Weekend Adventures West has the expert scoop: detailed, unique content that you won't find in any guidebook.
Weekend Adventures West is a collection of dozens of lively, illustrated descriptions of getaway weekends in: California • Oregon • Washington • British Columbia • Alaska.
Each has been personally selected and reported by Robert Earle Howells, former editor at large of National Geographic Adventure magazine. All of them deliver unforgettable outdoor adventures, such as:
River Rafting • Day Hiking • Fly-fishing • Rock Climbing • Surfing • Backcountry Skiing • Sandboarding • Storm Watching • Kayaking • Wildlife Viewing • Mountain Biking • Road Riding • Backpacking • Camping • Kiteboarding • Scuba Diving • Telemarking • Caving • Pedal Kayaking
Adventure doesn't mean deprivation! Not when you bunk down in a great home base.
Weekend Adventures West has searched the West for some of the coolest inns and lodges in the world. You'll find:
• A treehouse suite in the Oregon woods • A yurt perched on the Big Sur coast
• A luxury camp in the High Sierra, far from any road • A beachfront bungalow on the best beach in Orange County
• Your own private island and cottage just off the BC coast • A waterfront lodge that gives discounts to kitesurfers
• A riverfront inn that you can only reach by foot or raft
Every adventure is illustrated with a photo slide show and videos. Live links lead to the information you need to book your next weekend getaway. You deserve this app!
★ About the Author ★
Life is an adventure, says Robert Earle Howells, so why shouldn’t our weekends be adventurous? Howells has been editor at large of National Geographic Adventure magazine, a correspondent for Outside, a regular writer for Men’s Journal, and an author for National Geographic Books in the course of a long writing career.
Bob won the 2009 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year silver award and has twice won Lowell Thomas gold awards for his adventure travel writing. Among his book credits are The Ten Best of Everything: National Parks (National Geographic Books), Backroads of Southern California, and Backroads of New England.
Like you, he never has enough time!
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0
- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 02 November 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 28.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sutro Media
- © Robert Earle Howells
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.