Carburetor - Diabetes Logbook Manager
By Cocoalena Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carburetor™ v2.1 marks the continuing evolution of diabetes management by tracking glucose readings, medication dosages, carbohydrate consumption, exercise and HbA1c results. While there are other diabetes apps with similar functionality, Carburetor™ is the fastest and easiest. For example, it only takes a few touches to enter a blood glucose reading. A few more to enter medications or carbohydrates. Carburetor™ was designed to focus on stream-lining the user experience and avoid flipping through endless menus.
Whether you have type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes, Carburetor™ is the "must have" app for diabetes tracking and diabetes management which features the new and easy to interpret glucose readings logbook chart. This logbook view was inspired by a leading Endocrinologist at UCSF Medical Center. Where identifying patterns is key to consistent and controlled glucose management.
WHAT Carburetor™ DOES:
* Log blood glucose readings, medications, carbohydrates, exercise activities and HbA1c Results
* New Statistics view. Shows 7, 14, 30 and 90 days blood glucose averages, Medications and Carbs. Click any blood glucose statistic and it changes to average calculated HbA1C.
* Daily blood glucose average.
* Although the date defaults to the current date and time, Carburetor™ allows setting the date and time to anything
* Blood glucose in mg/dL or mmol/L
* Enter and save glucose readings, medications, carbohydrates, exercise and HbA1c results in just a few touches
* Customize the list of medications and exercises
* Include notes on each log entry. Such as when you started a new vial of insulin or if you consumed alcohol
* Log insulin ratios. Such as a 1/10 dosage or a 100/1 correction
* Enter carbohydrates only or enter an entire meal by quickly searching the included food database. An Internet connection is not required
* Log Book Chart displays all the blood glucose entries for each day in 1 hour increments. 30, 60 and 90 day views with filter for highs and lows.
* View a nutritional label for any food item or an entire meal
* Add your own custom foods
* Quickly add the same meal by copying a previous meal
* Large food database (always expanding)
* Food favorites
* New left navigation menu
* iCloud database backup
* No monthly fees
* NO FANCY FEATURES THAT EITHER DON'T WORK OR YOU NEVER USE
* NO ANNOYING ADS!!!
WHAT Carburetor™ DOES NOT DO:
* Doesn't display neat little pie charts and graphs
* Can't export your data (other then iCloud backup)
I've resisted adding these features as they're worthless. All they tell you is you had a high or low but it doesn't tell you WHY! The WHY is why we bother tracking all this stuff. The new Blood Glucose Readings Log Book Chart tells you WHY! If you're problem is a lot of highs, then filter out everything except the highs to see your "pattern" of highs.
It's a free download so please check it out and let me know how you like Carburetor™. Send me suggestions of what you'd like to see in the next version. If you do not like Carburetor™, please explain why.
* THIS VERSION REQUIRES iOS v7.x, earlier version are NOT supported
* Does not support native iPad (coming to a future version near you)
* The free version limits the number of glucose, medications, carbohydrates and exercises to 60 entries each. You must purchase the upgrade for unlimited entries.
None! Because YOUR data never leaves YOUR device.
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE:
If you have a problem with this app please contact support! This is the only way to track down and fix issues.
By downloading this app you agree to release all liability regarding Carburetor™ from this app's creators, agents and associates.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
* iPhone 6 & 6 Plus compatibility
* iOS 8.x compatibility and related bug fixes
* Added Medication and Carbs statistics
* Added Blood Glucose daily average.
* Performance improvements
* Minor bug fixes
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 24 November 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Vortec, Inc
- © 2010 Cocoalena Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.