Carpenter Cut - Optimal cutlist diagram for wood with minimum scrap
By Yousef Mannaa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**** For multiple sheets and better grain direction control, download "Carpenter Pro" http://goo.gl/U6FVJ ***
Start with one sheet of plywood (e.g. 48 x 96), tell it the dimensions and quantity of each smaller sheet you want to cut from it. Specify the kerf (size for your saw blade (0.125 is the default)), and indicate grain direction by putting a rotation lock on each small sheet. Tap the "Cut" button and watch this tool generate the best cut layout diagram fitting the maximum number of small sheets possible into your stock sheet, saving you money and saving the environment by producing minimal waste.
- Different Size and Quantity specification per small sheet.
- Kerf specification (Width of the saw blade).
- Rotation lock for grain direction cutting per small sheet/part.
- Priority Fit Order for each small sheet size.
- Aesthetically-pleasing random color generation for each part/small sheet on the diagram and during entry so you can identify each part easily (or you can specify your own colors).
- Size annotation inside each sheet rectangle on the diagram with font size proportional to the sheet's size.
- Name each small sheet/part in the list.
- Cut Report generation showing: number of sheets Fitted/Rejected PER Small Sheet + Total Fitted (Yield), Total Rejected and Scrap % for the whole project.
- Save/Edit/Delete each cut list as a separate project in "My Projects" with project name, large sheet dimensions, kerf, and small sheets info list.
- FAST State-of-the-art algorithm for diagram generation calculations.
- Change/Edit any parameter or sheet priority order, and see how the cutting diagram automatically changes on the fly before you make your cut.
- Caches past projects diagram images for quick viewing/browsing later without regeneration.
- Email, Air Print, and/or Save your generated diagram to your Camera Roll Album.
- Easy navigation user interface.
Additional Features will be added per users request. Put your wish or enhancement requests when writing the review and we'll make it come true :)
What's New in Version 1.1
Optimized the cutting algorithm for the single part case.
- NT$ 300
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 30 January 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Yousef Mannaa
- © 2011 Yousef Mannaa
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.