Collins COBUILD Learner's English with Chinese/Japanese/Korean (of American English) - DioDict
By DIOTEK Co., Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The complete Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English • Made specially for learners of English-Chinese-Japanese-Korean • Contains over a quarter of a million translations from English to Chinese, Japanese and Korean • Thousands of notes on grammar and ways to use words • No internet connection needed.
Collins COBUILD English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean Advanced Dictionary of American English is based on one of Collins’ most innovative dictionaries: the Collins Cobuild Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which was the first fully corpus-informed dictionary for learners of English. The corpus in question, the Bank of English™, contains 4.4 billion words, and is constantly growing and being updated.
Dictionary features include:
• 87,000 bold references (headwords, derivatives, phrases & idioms, feature boxes)
• 273,000 translations into Chinese, Japanese and Korean: translations in each Asian language are clearly designated by the preceding cyan characters meaning ‘translation’ in each target language in the typeset sample
• 16,000 entries (with 1,000 phrasal verbs nested within)
• 41,000 definitions in English
• 43,000 examples of English in use, from the Bank of English™
• 1,800 feature boxes (language notes, regional variants, usage boxes, cultural boxes)
• CET Band 4, Band 6 and Band 6+ vocabulary is included: these words are highlighted in magenta in the typeset sample
• no internet connection needed to use dictionary
• Wildcard search: enter “?” or “*” in place of a letter when you are unsure of the spelling (e.g., “man*ver” retrieves the word “maneuver”).
• Search for similar words: e.g. clicking on “adding” in an entry yields a list of similar and derivative words: “addition”, “additional”, “additive”, “addition reaction”.
• Browse through the dictionary alphabetically or flip from one entry to the next with a flick of a finger.
• link to Google so that you can search for more information on particular words.
--Special features for revising vocabulary—
• History menu lists all your recent word searches.
• Save words and expressions to any number of flashcard folders.
• Mark flashcard words which need you still need to memorize.
--DioDict 3 dictionary engine for iPhone—
DioDict is the number one brand in mobile phone dictionary software market. A dedicated team of over 100 developers, planners and quality control specialists work together to create high quality software using the latest language technology. Our dictionaries are tested thoroughly before release and are pre-installed on a large range of mobile phones old and new, including Samsung and LG smartphones.
*Facebook & Twitter*
What's New in Version 3.7.2
minor bug fixes
- NT$ 540
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 22 January 2014
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Languages: English, Korean
- Developer: DIOTEK Co., Ltd.
- © DIOTEK Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.