Compound Words Montessori
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Educational Tool For The iPad
Montessori Compound Words makes matching root words to make compound words fun and challenging! Using a chain/step puzzle format, children (and adults!) enjoy making compound words to unlock the beautiful, original photos of real objects matching the words.
- practice their reading skills
- test their compound word vocabulary
- challenge their puzzle skills, as they try to make the intended matches
- learn new compound words through process of elimination of the words they do know
- enjoy matching the words they have made with the beautiful photos.
- choosing an easier setting of only 5 pairs to match, or a more challenging set of 10
- selecting the level of difficulty by allowing for repeat root words or not (for example: snowball, basketball)
- a “show errors” setting for easier problem solving or to figure out an especially challenging puzzle
This app, like all MontessoriTech apps, has been designed by experienced Montessori educators. It is true to the Montessori principles of: isolation of quality, simplicity of form, and beauty of design. It is a truly pleasurable experience for children to manipulate these words and photographs on the iPad screen. The reward is in the work itself!
This app is meant to be used in a classroom or teaching setting to teach and practice compound words. While some children enjoy working with this app independently, many children benefit from direct adult involvement in solving the puzzles and discovering the words together.
MontessoriTech is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
What's New in Version 1.1
Look and fixes. Adding options.
Customers Also Bought
- NT$ 30
- Category: Education
- Updated: 09 November 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: MontessoriTech LLC
- © Copyright 2011 MontessoriTech, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.