The Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) eTickets app allows you to purchase and use tickets instantly on your phone using a debit or credit card. Simply download the free app, register your e-mail address in our secure system and you're ready to ride.
With the SMART Train Mobile Tickets app, you can:
· Purchase one-way or round-trip tickets
· Receive a discounted fare if you qualify as: Youth (5 -18), Senior (65 & Older) or
a passenger with disabilities
· Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders
· Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use
· Activate tickets
· Register your debit/credit card in our secure system
· You need an account to use mobile tickets. An account only requires an email &
· Once you purchase your ticket it will appear in your "ticket wallet"
· Activate your ticket shortly before boarding the SMART Train
· If you purchased multiple tickets remember to activate all of them. Tickets are displayed
in order of activation. Swipe to advance to the next ticket
· Be prepared to show your active ticket(s) to SMART personnel
· Keep an eye on your battery level. You are held responsible for having a mobile phone in
good working order and usable prior to boarding. If your mobile phone is inoperable you
must use some other payment method for the journey
· Mobile tickets do not need cell phone or WiFi services to be activated. However, you do
need connectivity during the purchase of the ticket.
· Mobile tickets are valid for 90 minutes after activation
· Mobile tickets that have been purchased, but not activated, will expire after 30 days
· Transfer credits are not available via the SMART mobile ticket app
· If you lose or purchase a new device you can transfer any valid, unused tickets to a new
SMART POLICY ON REFUNDS:
· Generally, SMART does not issue refunds on mobile products
· In the case of extenuating circumstances, customers can submit a refund request
· Refund form can be found on: www.SonomaMarinTrain.org
• Improvements to the Apple Pay experience when payments couldn't be processed due to an issue with your billing address.
• Changes to the Ticket Wallet to improve reliability.
• Improvements to reliability, accessibility and performance throughout the app.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.