IDdx: Infectious Disease Queries
By Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IDdx was built for queries. Users can find lists of matching infectious diseases by picking disease search criteria. The user can see all the symptoms associated with a disease or see all the diseases associated with a symptom.
New features added in January 2015 are Ranked Diseases and Weighted Findings. Ranked Diseases means that the user can sort the list of diseases returned from a query by cases/years in either the U.S. or worldwide. Weighted Findings means that color coding indicates how frequently a finding is used to describe the disease in the twelve primary references. The findings of a disease are included only if they are published in the primary references. Weighted Findings enables another new feature: Query Sensitivity. Choose High to get the most diseases that match one or more signs & symptoms. Choose Low to get only those diseases in which the finding was cited in three or more of the 12 references. Background updating gives users the latest information on a daily basis--no manual updating of the app required.
"A remarkable infectious disease tool that combines ease of use with up to date epidemiological data that could truly help providers make the correct diagnosis at the point of care."
- iMedicalApps.com [http://www.imedicalapps.com/2015/08/iddx-review-diagnose-infectious-diseases-patients/]
IDdx was picked as one of the 25 best nursing apps!
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IDdx?
- Explore the database of 250 diseases in 15 categories.
- Search by disease Name or Criteria.
- Disease criteria include 104 signs & symptoms, 39 epidemiological factors, and 16 regions of the world.
- Search by Occupation. Results are sorted by high-risk job tasks.
- Search by one or more incubation periods.
- Examples of epidemiological factors are ingest (entry), soil (source), ticks (vector), and cats (reservoir).
- Access diseases worldwide or limit the search to those endemic to the United States.
WHAT IS THE CONTENT? - Similar to the Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, the content includes coverage of 250 important infectious diseases organized into the following categories: Arthropod-Borne, Cestodes, Childhood, Foodborne, Gastroenteritis, Immune-Related, Intestinal Nematodes, Localized Infections, Person-To-Person, Sapronoses, Sexually-Transmitted, Tissue Nematodes, Trematodes, and Zoonoses.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF THE INFORMATION? - See this page for the primary and secondary references: http://www.iddx.com/bibliography.html.
Terms of Service - http://www.atmosphereapps.com/iddx/iddx-terms-of-service.pdf
What's New in Version 220.127.116.114
June 22, 2015
IDdx is now updated with content from Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, 20th edition, published earlier this year. Last year the content of IDdx was updated with the latest edition of Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests, CDC Health Information for International Travel, and ABX Guide.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 29 July 2015
- Version: 18.104.22.1684
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
- Copyright © 2015, Jay A. Brown, MD, MPH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.