By Soyong Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Let's search for stars!
"What you get is what you see."
iStar Navigator is a very intuitive and simple planetarium program. Just point your iPhone at the sky; then the current sky view in front of you will be shown on the screen.
***Note: The complete navigation functions of this App can only be used on iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4.***
*** Release Note
2010/12/10 V2.4: Support Japanese
2010/09/29 V2.3 : Update database
2010/08/16 V2.1 : Update database
2010/07/24 V2.0 : Support Traditional Chinese
iStar Navigator helps you to identify a large number of unknown celestial bodies and to get related information. With iStar Navigator, you will never regret staring blankly at the starry sky while not recognizing any star.
It comes handy for both professionals and amateurs. Using iStar Navigator, you just move your fingers around the screen; then the whole star map will move around all together.
With fingers pinching and expanding, you can zoom in and out the display. Besides, it has very user friendly interface. Just set some default settings, such as the ecliptic and azimuth angles, and you can enjoy stargazing by yourself. It won't overload users with too much information once on the screen. For beginners: don't know how to start? Just tap the navigation icon, and you will have an orientation and search arrow to point your phone at the sky with. Think about how exciting it will be to name a star right away after discovering it!
Besides these advantages above, you can use it to know the phases of the planets anytime anywhere. You can slide time machine to change date and time separately. It is a very convenient tool to keep a long-term recording and do researches on the planets. Want to know the past and anticipate the future when stargazing? Try this one!
★ This version of iStar Navigator has the following features:
• It shows the sky above your head instantly. With its location function and built-in digital compass, you can always have a mobile planetarium wherever you aim your phone at. (This feature is only available on iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4)
• A 3D mobile star chart: its time machine helps to figure out the orbits of planets in the solar system or the waxing and waning of the moon.
• A whole-sky star chart, which can be used both in the Northern and Southern hemisphere skies.
• A location function with different choices, which provides city locations, GPS orientation, and a global longitude and latitude to select.
• A search function with a comprehensive database, which lets you be able to search the information of astronomical objects very quickly.
• Night vision mode: its night mode will make stargazing more comfortable for your eyes.
• Handy operation: just slide your fingers; then you can zoom in and zoom out the star chart and set the magnitude of stars until you get your desired result.
• A comprehensive database of constellations and bright stars, which provides you related information when you enjoy the star observation.
• The solar system including the sun and the planets and moons.
• 88 constellations, including their names, cultural backgrounds, observation data, and notable features.
• A comprehensive collection of more than 10,000 notable celestial objects (stars) in the sky, including bright stars nominated in the Yale Catalogue of Bright Stars and Norton's Star Atlas, binary stars, variable stars, novae and supernovae, as well as meteors and comets.
• Deep-sky objects (nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies) that are nominated as Messier objects, Caldwell objects, and NGC&IC objects.
• Observation site selectable from a list of major cities and locations.
What's New in Version 2.5
Support additional languages:
French, German, Spanish, Korean, Italian
- NT$ 30
- Category: Education
- Updated: 07 January 2011
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
- Developer: Soyong Corporation
- © 2010 Soyong Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.