Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
n-Track Studio is an audio & MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your Mac into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Multiband Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch, Parametric EQ and spectrum analyzer with guitar tuner.
The program can use third party AU and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports AUi and VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. It also supports ReWire technology to stream audio from other compatible audio programs.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with your Mac built-in mic or with an external mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ, compression, reverb etc.
• Save the song to a single .m4a or .mp3 file that you can share via internet, send by email or use it to create and audio CD (exporting to Mp3 requires Lame encoder)
• Supports AU and VST plugins and instruments
• Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch effects, Parametric EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Record and playback from multichannel audio devices
• The max number of tracks depends on the computer speed, with a typical Macbook you can use 20 or more tracks
• n-Track is currently the only only cross-platform multitrack recording software available for the Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese
Limitations of the FREE version
• Supports up to 4 audio tracks with up to two effects per track (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 8 MIDI tracks (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 1 virtual instrument per song (unlimited in the full version)
• 16 bit recording quality (24 and 32 bits available in full version)
Compatibility with plug-ins, 64/32 bit
• The program comes in both 32 and 64 bit format (universal binary). If you want to start the program in 32 bit mode go to Applications, select the n-Track icon, press Command+i, then check the 'Open in 32 bit mode' option
• The 64 bit version can load 32 bit native plugins via the built-in nBridge module
What's New in Version 2.1.3
Support for OSX 10.9 Mavericks
Support for multiple pan-laws. Default pan law is now "equal-power"
Option to pan stereo tracks independently (i.e. route right channel to left channel etc.)
On-screen MIDI keyboard
Metronome now uses built-in synth instead of using n-Track Drums, avoids adding unwanted instrument channels in the mixer
Button to delete a track in the bottom left corner of the left track bar
Audio input configuration (which audio input goes to which track) is now restored when reloading a song
New command "Create and arm a new track for each input" in rec-arm popup menu
Fixed exported MIDI files sometimes not readable by other sequencers
Fixed changing BPM setting during playback would result in playback position to jump far from the current position
Fixed inconsistencies in Piano Roll when editing a MIDI part that has been trimmed
Punch-in & multiple takes recording panel
Level activated recording