Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
n-Track Studio is an audio & MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your Mac into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Multiband Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch, Parametric EQ, Sonogram and 3D spectrum analyzer with guitar tuner.
The program can use third party AU and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports AUi and VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. It also supports ReWire technology to stream audio from other compatible audio programs.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with your Mac built-in mic or with an external mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ, compression, reverb etc.
• Save the song to a single .m4a or .mp3 file that you can share via the internet, send by email or use to create and audio CD
• Supports AU and VST plugins and instruments
• Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift, Reverb, Tremolo, Phaser and time stretch effects, Parametric EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Record and playback from multichannel audio devices
• The max number of tracks depends on the computer speed, with a typical Macbook you can use 20 or more tracks
• Supports surround mixing (5.1, 7.1+ surround formats) with the surround Panner module
• n-Track is currently the only only cross-platform multitrack recording software available for the Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese
Compatibility with plug-ins, 64/32 bit
• The program comes in both 32 and 64 bit format (universal binary). If you want to start the program in 32 bit mode go to Applications, select the n-Track icon, press Command+i, then check the 'Open in 32 bit mode' option
• The 64 bit version can load 32 bit native plugins via the built-in nBridge module
• Due to App Store security restrictions n-Track can only load audio files located in your Music folder or in the n-Track data folder. n-Track will copy files imported from outside locations to its data folder
Differences between n-Track and n-Track LE
- n-Track adds to n-Track LE the following features:
• 64 bit audio engine/mixing option (LE version is limited to 32 bit audio engine/mixing)
• Export song in AAF format which can be loaded by most 3rd party DAW apps
• MTC/MIDI clock sync
• support for MIDI hardware control surfaces/faders
• support for surround sound (i.e. 5.1, 7.1 etc.)
• sample level editing: edit the level of a single sound sample (when zoomed closed in on a section of an audio file)
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Support for Korg Nanokontrol hardware control surface with built-in preset
Improvement in handling very long recordings (24 hours or more)
64 bit version of DaHornet instrument
Various bugs fixed