Osaka Folding Screen
By Erich Lessing Culture and Fine Arts Archive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SPECIAL OFFER: ALL APPS BY ERICH LESSING PHOTOGRAPHY ARE NOW FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Remember: Our fine Art Prints make for wonderful Christmas presents...
Get in touch with art! Erich Lessing Photography proudly presents parts of the world-renowned photographer’s oeuvre.
Our high resolution pictures allow you to explore every detail of an exquisite work of art:
The Japanese folding screen or byōbu – literally ‘wind wall’ – originally consisted of eight panels, each of them painted in brightly coloured traditional Japanese style. The artist as well as the person who commissioned the work remains anonymous. The painting depicts scenes of daily life in and around the town of Osaka in the early 17th century. The panels are to be read from the bottom right to the top left.
The Japanese folding screen was probably acquired by Prince Johann Seyfried von Eggenberg in the late 17th century. Eventually it was dismantled into its eight panels to decorate a then fashionable ‘Indian Room’ in the palace Eggenberg in Graz, Austria, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
This is what you get:
- order fine art prints of your favorite pictures easily
- 177 high resolution pictures
- zoom in on every detail
- get closer to art than you ever could in a museum
- learn about Japanese paintings and history
- get to know the work of famous photographer Erich Lessing
Erich Lessing Photography: Osaka Folding Screen – a magnificent masterpiece at the tips of your fingers!
What's New in Version 3.0
- optimized interface
- instructions how to use this App
- more buttons
- thumbnail overview (full version only)
- Category: Education
- Updated: 10 May 2011
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 221 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Erich Lessing Culture and Fine Arts Archive
- © Erich Lessing Culture and Fine Arts Archive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.