Taipei Historical Maps
By Academia Sinica Digital Center 中央研究院數位文化中心
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the swipe of a finger, discover Old Taipei!
Taipei Historical Maps combines maps and photographs recorded between 1895 and 1974, and integrates them into present-day Taipei using Google Maps and Street View. Equipped with geographical location referencing, the app allows users to transcend history to see how Taipei has changed over time with the help of maps and photographs.
The Center for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) of the Research Center for Humanities and Social Sciences (RCHSS), Academia Sinica, has provided ten different street maps of Taipei dating from various time periods. All of the maps depict a general view of the area inside the city wall, Mengjia (Bangka) (present-day Wanhua District), and Dadaocheng. Other contributions include 131 old photographs from the collections of the Institute of Taiwan History at Academia Sinica, the National Diet Library of Japan, and Sunnygate Phototimes.
1. The maps provided are for reference purposes only; geographical accuracy is not guaranteed. The GIS is not responsible for any liabilities incurred by the use of this app.
2. The Google Maps and Street View functions may require an internet connection.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
fix iOS10 issue
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 28 November 2016
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Academia Sinica Digital Center
- © 2014 Academia Sinica Center for Digital Cultures
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.