Windy (also known as Windyty) is an extraordinary tool for weather forecast visualization. This fast, intuitive, detailed and most accurate weather app is trusted by professional pilots, paragliders, skydivers, kiters, surfers, boaters, fishermen, storm chasers and weather geeks, and even by governments, army staffs and rescue teams.
Whether you are tracking a tropical storm or potential severe weather, planning a trip, pursuing your favorite outdoor sport, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
The uniqueness of Windy lies in the fact that it brings you better quality information than the other weather apps’ pro-features, while our product is absolutely free and even without ads.
Powerful, smooth and fluid presentation makes weather forecasting a real pleasure!
ALL FORECAST MODELS AT ONCE
Windy brings you all the world's leading weather forecasting models: global ECMWF and GFS, plus local NEMS and ICON (for Europe) and NAM (for the USA).
It can not be easier: Just compare all the available models at once and make better decisions!
36 DIFFERENT WEATHER LAYERS
From wind, rain, temperature, humidity, and pressure to swell or CAPE index, with Windy you will have all convenient weather layers just at your fingertips.
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, paragliding spots, kiting and surfing spots or nearby webcams right on the map.
For any location on the map you can display the following detailed weather information:
• Basic forecast – temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction
• Wind forecast – comparing weather models at once
• Meteogram – temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover, cloud base
• Airgram – wind barbs, temperature and cloud cover in different altitudes
• Waves forecast – wind direction, wind speed and wind gusts, wave direction and wave height, swell direction and swell height, swell period
For any place on Earth, you can set an alert for your 'desired weather.' These alerts consider a number of weather conditions: wind, waves, rain, new snow, temperature, clouds, time/duration and forecast model settings.
Available for the USA (including Hawaii and coastal parts of Alaska), South Korea and a couple of islands in the North Pacific Ocean and in the Caribbean.
FEATURES AND DATA SOURCES
• All the leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, NEMS, ICON, and NAM
• 16 altitude levels from surface to 13.5km/FL450
• Altitude and Timezone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any place
• Nearby weather stations – Real-time observed weather such as wind direction, wind speed, and reported temperature
• 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including runway info, decoded & raw METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
• Webcams for every location
• Translated to 40 languages
...and many more
GET IN TOUCH
Join us at community.windy.com to discuss weather-related topics, report a bug or suggest a new feature.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Facebook: facebook.com/windyforecast
• Twitter: twitter.com/windyforecast
• Instagram: instagram.com/windy_forecast
WINDY DONATE is a voluntary contribution to Windyty, SE. Contribution does not entitle user to any special function of Windy.com app. Windy.com app provides access to all and full functions even without the contribution.
WINDY DONATE payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.windy.com/terms-of-use
- New: "Observation vs. Forecast". Compare observed values with forecasted ones.
- New: Model AROME 1.3km in central Europe
- Many fixes and optimizations
Hands down the best
Thank you so much for this app. As a meteorologist, pilot, surfer and general outdoors guy, this is IT. No matter whether you like the simple graphics or the advanced breakdown of the tropospheric wind field, this is becoming an essential app, not only personally but also at my airline. The new added features just keep getting better and better. If you guys ever accept donations, I’ll be first in line. Keep it up. I’d vote #1 app in the AppStore.
Thank you from Taiwan.
Thank you, the most professional app about wind, provide us clear view, and let us understand more about the coming Typhoon.
I was totally stunned how this app can provide such a delightful user interface and informative weather forecasts. Most of all, it is free.