The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• VoiceOver now announces the correct text when recipient suggestions are displayed
• Search corrections are correctly displayed when conversation view is off
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, minor bugs
There is no way I can disable notifications emails from social networks and promotion tabs. They pop up in the Gmail app on my iPhone all the time even if they are not that important. The app has three options to control notifications, but none of them work that way as they used to work on my Google Nexus. I had to install the Inbox app from Google on the iPhone just to exclude that endless flaw of notifications.
“Read and Archive” and “Trash” features.
Dear development team.
Can you add in next update of application ability “Move to trash” and “Read and Archive” buttons for email notifications that appear at locked iPhone screen.
These 2 simple functions will help a lot in using application.
Good, but please...
Please add an inbuilt Google Translate as in the web version. It is super useful :) Also folding and cropping emails is a problem both on the web an in the app. I need to explain how to read my replies to people that receive a new email from me in a thread. It frequently crops it and folds it leaving three dots.
- Google, Inc.
- 240.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.