Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue affecting video calls.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
You broke last useful features
This app was bad, but became even worse. Where are groups/labels of contacts? Are you kidding removing this? I can’t even find who is who now among hundreds of contacts.
Battery eater. Annoying “turn on notifications” at the top - I DON’T WANT TO! I want it silent and don’t see this annoying bar at the top. This app is bad in every use case.
The design is still awful
The result of your major update: all my conversations moved to Facebook messenger and telegram. Sorry, but you killed the Skype... R.I.P.
- the UI is awful
- the performance is low.
- no statuses
- redundant features.
Instead of going slack way (enterprise with all it's needs and integration with ldap) + regular users (no need to register organizations, you can talk with friends without redundant actions) you are trying to build just yet another social network. Do not know how many new users can be attracted based on the variety of existing social networks, but you definitely can lose your current audience.
This is unbelievable.
Year to year you become more worth. It’s looks like you are trying to do everything opposite to normal and popular messengers and chat app.
And now, even my Moms tablet not supporting Skype.
I believe in one two year you will only three users: owner, local manager and technical support-bot.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.