Black's Law Dictionary, 9th Edition
By Thomson Reuters
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For more than a century Black's Law Dictionary® has been the standard for the language of law. Today it's the most widely cited law book in the world. Edited by Bryan A. Garner, the 9th Edition is the most comprehensive law dictionary ever published. It contains more than 45,000 terms, alternate spellings or equivalent expressions for more than 5,300 terms, and West key numbers.
Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is the legal dictionary for how you work today. Hyperlinked cross-references make finding related terms quick and easy. Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch even offers audio pronunciations for thousands of hard-to-say legal terms. New features in the 9th edition app include ability to bookmark terms for quick reference and a featured Word of the Day.
• 45,000 terms - includes 2,000 more terms than the 8th Edition and 19,000 more terms than the 7th Edition
• Nearly 3,000 quotations drawn from sources over five centuries
• Alternative spellings or equivalent terms and expressions for more than 5,300 terms
• Bookmark terms for quick reference later**
• “Word of the Day”**
• Internal hyper-linking between words referenced within definitions
• Spelling and audio pronunciations for over 7,000 terms
• Off-line complete - no internet connection required for audio pronunciations
• Citations to the legal encyclopedia Corpus Juris Secundum and to the West Key Number System®.
• Real-time and progressive look up search feature
• Westlaw materials referenced in definition accessible within Westlaw.com* via hyperlinks (will pull up in Mobile Safari browser)
• Includes West key numbers
• Includes definitions of more than 1,000 law-related abbreviations and acronyms
• Includes the date when selected terms were first used in English-language contexts, especially in judicial opinions
• Offers heightened accuracy—more than 200 lawyers around the country reviewed terms
• Provides definitions of more than 1,000 law-related abbreviations and acronyms
* Westlaw.com links require paid subscription access to Westlaw.com service
* Please note that while Black's is used worldwide, the legal terms are primarily those in use within the US legal system
** New feature in the Black’s Law Dictionary 9th Edition App.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
* Bug fixes - including a pesky bug that was causing the app to crash for Thai users. You should be all good now.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 27 September 2013
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 65.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thomson Reuters
- © Thomson Reuters Legal
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.