By AllisonHouse LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only application with real time lightning strikes utilizing a compass based system to provide up to the minute distance and direction information. Not some clunky click a button when you see the flash and click the button when you hear the sound. This is actual lightning strokes. Real data in real time.
When lightning strikes, you don't have time to play around with application settings, radar overlays or national views that require zooming around. You want to know how far the lightning is away and in what direction from YOU.
BoltMeter shows you the distance (less than 30 miles away, less than 20 miles away, less than 10 miles away) and direction of any lightning in the past 6 minutes.
- Will *NOT* work consistently on devices that do not have a GPS (some iPad's, iTouch, late model hardware). The application must know your location to identify lightning in the area. If your device can not figure out your location, the application will not work.
- Lightning strike data is available for USA ONLY. Locations outside the United States are not supported by the USPLN lightning detection network.
- Live lightning strokes are not guaranteed. The application queries the lightning network every 60 seconds.
Though the lightning network has location accuracy of <250 meters (mean) and 95% detection efficiency, there is no lightning network that will identify 100% of lightning strokes.
-Do not rely on this application for your safety. You are responsible for your own safety.
- The application has 3 rings that are set at 10, 20 and 30 miles. They are NOT customizable.
- The application DOES NOT support APN alerting. You must activate the application when you want to know how far and in what direction the lightning has been identified. Future versions of the application may support APN, but would require a monthly fee per user.
This application is a one-time fee. There are no monthly, yearly or other fees beyond the single purchase.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Added backwards compatibility to iOS 4.3