Pickup Tunes Free
By RunFly Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Let guitarist Dean Brown make you a real music hero!
• Win points for correctness, speed, and accuracy.
• Develop your ears with techniques based on how you actually hear music. Instead of abstract exercises, you'll get the essentials you need to be a better player.
• Learn by playing an addictive game that takes advantage of the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch interface to give you an experience that doesn't feel like work.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING:
"This is it!!! This is the app I've wanted to create but didn't have time (and didn't know how)!!! This is the fun version of so much of the work I do with the kids at the Stax Music Academy in Memphis. I bought it right away. Watch it make the difference in the musicality of every musician who tries it!"
~Kirk Whalum (Saxophonist/CEO The Stax Music Academy)
"Tapping into the tactile teaching power of the touchscreen, Pickup Tunes makes ear training fun."
~Jude Gold (GIT Director, Musicians Institute Los Angeles)
"This is the one thing that was missing from the app/music world: a good ear trainer. Well here it is!"
~Marcus Miller (Grammy Award Winning Producer/Composer/Bassist)
"Pickup Tunes is a great tool for my middle school band and orchestra students and my college students to practice their ear training in a fun way!"
~Steve Steinberg (Educator/Saxophonist/Palomar College Big Band Director)
"Pick Up Tunes is unique in that it is not only a fun game, but also a serious ear training tool for musicians of all ages and ability levels. It is fun and accessible for the young beginner in music, yet challenging enough for the advanced adult musician. Most importantly..... IT IS A BLAST TO PLAY! 5 stars......Highly recommended!"
~Gerry Etkins (Keyboardist/Tonight Show with Jay Leno)
HOW TO PLAY:
Tune in to Dean's opening groove and tap the play button to set the stage. You can play some music with the notes to hear the different sounds. Hit the start button when you're ready. The low note (or reference tone) plays three times to tune your ears and then a target plays. Match the target notes, melodies, and harmonies by tapping and dragging your note choices into the target.
To practice just use the backstage menu screen to start a game on any level you've unlocked, and try to beat your top score for that level.
If it's a high score game you're after, start from the beginning and see how far you can go.
Pickup Tunes Free lets you play 5 levels -- three levels plus the harmony challenge in stage 1 (four notes), and the first level in stage 2 (six notes).
Because you're having fun, you'll play more. And the more you play, the better your ears will get.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Automatically saves your scores and progress so they're not lost if you turn off your device
• Has improved graphics and sounds
• Limits the replays so you really have to master each level
• Fixes a bug in 1.0 which sometimes stopped the audio after interruptions
- Category: Music
- Updated: 01 April 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: RunFly Studios, LLC
- © 2011 RunFly Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.