By NOAA Science On a Sphere
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SOS Remote is a universal app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad that is used to control a Science On a Sphere® (SOS) system.
SOS is a room sized, global display system that uses computers and video projectors to display planetary data onto a six-foot diameter sphere, analogous to an animated globe. SOS is used as an educational tool to help illustrate Earth System science to people of all ages in a way that is intuitive and captivating.
The SOS Remote app affords greater interaction capabilities and ease of use compared to previous SOS controllers such as the Wii Remote. With this app, you can:
• Adjust the orientation of the sphere in an intuitive way
• Control playback of datasets
• Load any presentation playlist stored on the SOS computer
• Quickly search and browse the entire SOS Data Catalog and select datasets at random to load on the sphere
• View a dataset's description and presenter notes while giving an SOS presentation
• Quickly create a presentation playlist directly from the iPad
• Draw on and zoom into a dataset loaded on the sphere
• Dynamically turn on/off dataset layers and adjust their transparency.
• Perform full alignment of the sphere using an intuitive three step process
* Note: The iPhone/iPod Touch support a subset of the features described above. The iPad supports all features.
• In order to functionally use the SOS Remote app, you must have a Science On a Sphere (SOS)® installation
• Wi-Fi access to the SOS computer that is being controlled
• SOS Software Version 4.3.0
What's New in Version 4.3.0
• Layers are now conveniently accessed from the Presentation tab where sphere orientation and playback are controlled.
• Load a presentation playlist directly from the Presentation tab.
• View presenter notes for a presentation playlist.
• Control the volume of a dataset that has audio.
• Quickly browse and search through the entire SOS Data Catalog for datasets.
• Use various filters to refine search results.
• Quickly find and load Live Programs that have been created for SOS.
• Quickly create or modify a presentation playlist and save it to the SOS computer.
• Create or modify presenter notes for a presentation playlist.
• View dataset descriptions while creating a presentation.
SETTINGS - ALIGNMENT
• Run the auto-alignment software (experimental version that requires additional camera hardware connected to the SOS installation).
- Category: Education
- Updated: 16 March 2015
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: NOAA Science On a Sphere
- © 2011 Science On a Sphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.