Glee: The Music - The Power of Madonna
Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download music.
||Express Yourself (feat. Jonathan Groff)||Glee Cast||4:00||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||Borderline / Open Your Heart||Glee Cast||2:16||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||Vogue||Glee Cast||5:15||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||Like a Virgin (feat. Jonathan Groff)||Glee Cast||3:16||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||4 Minutes||Glee Cast||3:10||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||What It Feels Like for a Girl||Glee Cast||4:31||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||Like a Prayer (feat. Jonathan Groff)||Glee Cast||5:22||$1.29||View In iTunes|
||Burning Up (feat. Jonathan Groff)||Glee Cast||3:05||Album Only||View In iTunes|
NEVER Disappoints. NEVER.
Glee... you never disappoint us listeners. Thank you for being a legit group of people who know how to produce good music. Every time your songs come onto my iPod, I always listen and enjoy those songs. Thanks GLEE!. KEEP IT UP!!!!
Epic Music for an Epic Episode
I'm a huge fan of Madonna, so I was incredibly excited to hear Glee doing a cover of her songs. This entire album is incredibly strong and gives me high hopes for the episode -- the back 9 episodes of Glee are shaping up to be pretty amazing.
1. Express Yourself - Not one of my favorite songs in general, but it's really fun and it's nice to see all the girls get some solos (except Brittany...where was she when they recorded this?).
2. Borderline / Open Your Heart - Fantastic. Definitely the best Rachel/Finn duet of the series. The lyrics perfectly match their relationship so far and their voices blend SO well together.
3. Vogue - I mean, Jane Lynch is amazing. I was highly impressed with her vocals, as it's a little known fact that Jane Lynch was in singing groups in her youth. If you really want to enjoy this song, though, just like with the original...watch the video. Glee's remake of video is spot on and hilarious.
4. Like a Virgin - Great cover. I only wish it were easier to distinguish who was singing. Still, Will & Emma sound great together and DAMN Santana's got some pipes. Where has she been this entire season?! She alone makes this song for me.
5. 4 Minutes - The best song on the album, no question. Just listen to it and you'll see why. Glad to see Kurt getting more solos and the instrumentals especially make it great.
6. What It Feels Like for a Girl - The weakest track, I think. Not that it's bad...but compared with the other high-energy numbers in the episode it kinda falls flat. Nice to hear some Puck in there, though.
7. Like a Prayer - One of the strongest group numbers; Lea Michele's opening is hauntingly beautiful and I love the fact that so many people get small solos. Also loving the gospel choir.
8. Burning Up - No idea how this was supposed to fit into the episode, but Jonathan Groff NAILS this song anyway.
Top Tracks: 4 Minutes, Like a Virgin, Borderline/Open Your Heart
Amazing! Glee at its best
These are some of the best covers yet! Dare i say some are better than the original!
Formed: 2009 in Hollywood, CA
Years Active: '00s, '10s