Mysteries of the Cosmos, Vol. 2
Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download music.
||The Mysteries of Dark Energy||Science Friday & Ira Flatow||9:32||$0.99||View In iTunes|
||Cheating Time And Space||Science Friday & Ira Flatow||30:33||Album Only||View In iTunes|
||The End: Big Rip Or Big Crunch||Science Friday & Ira Flatow||30:28||Album Only||View In iTunes|
||Dark Energy: Is It Antigravity?||Science Friday & Ira Flatow||13:32||Album Only||View In iTunes|
||"Hiding In The Mirror," Lawrence Krauss||Science Friday & Ira Flatow||28:04||Album Only||View In iTunes|
Cheating Time & Space
1. Albert Stebbins explains new evidence for dark energy and just how little we know about this mysterious force.
2. Einstein said that if you ever went faster than the speed of light, you'd travel backwards in time. He also said it was impossible, but J. Richard Gott and William R. Alschuler discuss the possibility of cheating Einstein's laws by twisting time and space. Science fiction or reality? Listen to find out.
3. Most astronomers believe that the universe began with an infamous 'Big Bang.' But will the universe go out in a 'Big Rip' or a 'Big Crunch?' And when might it happen? Sean Carroll, Adam Riess, and Richard Ellis talk about dark energy and the nature of the universe. We'll also hear about the ongoing search for the most distant galaxies.
4. Michael Turner shares new findings of a rapidly expanding universe and what that may mean as proof for dark energy.
5. Cosmologist Lawrence Krauss talks about his book "Hiding in the Mirror: The Mysterious Allure of Extra Dimensions from Plato to String Theory" and the strangeness of string theory and extra dimensions. He's very good at explaining the abstract.