How to Cook Everything Bundle
By Culinate, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Together these two groundbreaking apps contain all the contents of two bestselling cookbooks—How to Cook Everything® and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian®—by New York Times columnist Mark Bittman. Each has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features that appeal to cooks on the go.
Each app is optimized uniquely for iPad and iPhone, making the most of the size, shape, and capabilities of each device. (Some features are specific to the iPad only.)
In both apps you’ll find:
• The full content of each multiple-award-winning How to Cook Everything® book: all 2,000 recipes and variations.
• Bittman’s no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas.
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information.
• Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow—from any angle.
• Inspiring photos of weekly featured recipes (iPad only).
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients—and whatever other groceries you need at home.
• The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump with ease among recipes (iPad only).
• The ability to convert temperatures and quantities to metric.
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps.
• A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics (iPad only).
• A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes (iPad only).
• Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman (iPad only).
• A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook (iPad only).
• The ability to print recipes and shopping lists and to add recipes to calendars.
• The ability to email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends.
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Menus, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes.
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you’re cooking with your social network!
• The app to includes a full set of retina display graphics and images to take full advantage of the iPad’s high-resolution screen.
All recipe and reference content is embedded in these apps, which means that you can use them even if you don’t have a network connection. The How to Cook Everything and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian apps are the perfect complements to the books, invaluable resources and guides.
• • •
Praise for the How to Cook Everything cookbooks:
"The bells-and-whistles of this app are what make it a must-buy, from grocery lists you can email to how-to illustrations. Bittman also makes it nearly impossible to mess up a dish—each recipe step has a built in timer so there’s less chance you’ll forget how long your osso bucco has been cooking."
— Bon Appetit
“Mark Bittman's category lock on definitive, massive food tomes continues with this well-thought-out ode to the garden and beyond. Combining deep research, tasty information, and delicious easy-to-cook recipes is Mark's forte and everything I want to cook is in here, from chickpea fries to cheese soufflés."
— Mario Batali, chef, author, and entrepreneur
“Recipes that taste this good aren’t supposed to be so healthy. Mark Bittman makes being a vegetarian fun.”
— Dr. Mehmet Oz, Professor of Surgery, New York-Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center and coauthor of You: The Owner’s Manual
• • •
2 Apps in This Bundle
My Favorite Cooking App
Also my favorite cookbook.
Purchased both apps and they are great. However, when I open up the apps it says that it may not work on future versions of iOS. Please update. If not, future purchasers beware.
You should tell people that it's not compatible with IOS11
I love both of your books and apps but I keep getting a notification that they will not work with ios11. I know you've said that an ios11 version is in the works but with that update coming in September I'm beginning to worry that my favorite cooking app may soon be unusable.
- App Count: 2
- Category: Food & Drink
- Size: 103 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- © 2010-2017 Culinate, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.