3 Apps in This BundleSee All
From Theodore Gray comes a series of beautifully produced apps introducing and educating users on the elements of the periodic table and how they combine to form the world around us.
The Elements is a rich and engaging love story of the periodic table, told in words and pictures - allowing you to experience the beauty and fascination of the building blocks of our universe in a way you've never seen before.
This book will show everyone there’s a lot more to the periodic table than a bunch of numbers and letters.
• Beautifully composed pages for every Element in the periodic table
• Fun stories and fascinating facts
• All objects pinch-zoom with amazing detail and rotate in 3D
• Engaging introduction explaining the structure of the periodic table
“The iPad’s splendor and power may be best shown by The Elements... it’s not like any ebook you’ve seen. The periodic table of elements comes to life.”
– USA Today
The Elements in Action
The periodic table comes as you explore the weird, wonderful, and sometimes alarming properties of the elements.
What happens in a science experiment when highly reactive rubidium is dropped into water? Or when a cannonball is placed in a pool of mercury? The Elements in Action shows you one definitive demonstration for (almost) every element, ranging from the bizarre to the sublime, all assembled in one place for you to view in the comfort and safety of your iPad, with very little danger of death by fire, dismemberment, or poisoning.
The Elements in Action really shines when combined in this bundle with The Elements by Theodore Gray. Installed together, the two apps find each other and link together, allowing you to flip seamlessly between viewing the elements as objects of contemplation in the original, and objects of dynamic action in the second.
‘One of my favorite science-based apps...The Elements in Action is easy to navigate and attractively designed.’
– The New York Times
Molecules is the extraordinary sequel to The Elements. It continues the story of the elements to show how they are assembled into the rich diversity of compounds, chemicals, molecules, rocks, and stuff that make up our world.
The app includes a touch-interactive molecular dynamics simulation that lets you poke and prod hundreds of different molecules, seeing how each one reacts to your touch. Molecules are not static things – they twist, turn, vibrate, and spin in an elaborate and beautiful dance of quantum mechanics.
The app incorporates the NAMD simulation engine developed by the Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group at the University of Illinois. These are serious, scientifically accurate simulations. A few minutes playing with them will give you a deeper intuition about the true nature of molecules than years of study on paper. And while they are serious science, they are also a whole lot of fun to play with!
• Bend, squeeze and shape 348 different molecules using multiple fingers
• Increase or decrease the temperature and see how molecules react
• Read the full text of all 14 chapters of Molecules by Theodore Gray
• Understand the movements of molecules in a special chapter for the app
• See over 500 videos and rotations of incredible objects photographed by Nick Mann
“Few iOS apps are as thoughtfully designed as Molecules, and even fewer combine superb visuals with clear writing that encourages exploration.”
- Touch Press Inc
- 2.8 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Theodore Gray and Touch Press Inc, 2019
- App Bundle $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.