Photo Planning Apps
By Crookneck Consulting LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Photographer's Ephemeris and The Photographer's Transit are a highly complementary pair of planning tools for outdoor photographers.
The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) helps you plan outdoor photography shoots in natural light, particularly landscape and urban scenes. It's a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, day or night, for any location on earth.
"Head and shoulders above the crowd is The Photographer’s Ephemeris. Odd name, great app." - National Geographic
Search for any place name on the planet, or position the map pin exactly where you want it. Advanced features including visual sun and moon search, automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon, ensuring that you have the best possible information for planning your shoot.
The Photographer's Transit ("Photo Transit") is a map-based shot planning tool for outdoor photographers who use interchangeable lens cameras (such as SLRs). Plan the best possible camera, lenses and shooting locations for your photo trip or assignment using the sophisticated built-in field of view simulator.
Photo Transit includes detailed elevation profile information so you can scout your sightlines ahead of time, and check whether your planned focal length will capture your subject. Photo Transit's vertical field of view chart lets you see if your subject will be visible or obstructed by the local terrain.
Create projects containing detailed shot lists, including camera and subject location, height above the ground, pitch, orientation and focal length. Share your planned shots with colleagues and friends via email and social media, or export them as KML for use in your favourite GPS app.
With a rich feature set including Google Street View, and offline maps and elevation data, and a choice of elevation data sources, The Photographer's Transit is a powerful tool for any photographer who likes to be well prepared.
TPE Key features:
- Time and direction of sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Movable map pins: drag and drop the pin exactly where you need it
- Track curent heading using compass (on compatible devices)
- Shadow lengths displayed to scale on map
- Save any location you want: no fixed lists
- Celestial events including moon phases, apogee, perigee, solstice, equinox
Photo Transit Key features:
- Define your own camera and lens kits
- Adjustable field of view map overlay
- Google Street View camera control
- Elevation profile from camera to subject location
- Apparent altitude profile to visualize the effect of local terrain
- Shot lists and projects
- Twitter, Facebook, Message
- View in Safari, Email Shot, Email Project
- Add shot to calendar
See the individual app descriptions for many more advanced features.
Available map types for both apps include:
- Standard, Satellite Hybrid and Terrain
- OpenStreetMap and OpenCycleMap Topographic (available offline)
- Photo Transit app is designed for photographers using interchangeable lens cameras (e.g. SLR, Micro 4/3rds, Medium/Large format film)
- Maps and elevation-based calculations require a data connection unless an offline data source is used
- Topographic map data is available only between 60°N and 47°S
- Google Elevation data is subject to daily usage limits per IP address
- Availability of specific map types and Google Street View is dependent on 3rd party service availability, terms and conditions, and is subject to change
- Google Maps, Google Street View and Google Earth are trademarks owned by Google Inc.
2 Apps in This Bundle
- App Count: 2
- Category: Photo & Video
- Size: 68.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crookneck Consulting LLC
- © 2010 – 2016 Crookneck Consulting LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.