Photo Planning Tools
By Crookneck Consulting LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Three outstanding planning tools for outdoor and landscape photographers: The Photographer's Ephemeris 3D, The Photographer's Ephemeris and The Photographer's Transit.
See how the light will fall on the land with TPE 3D and TPE: plan your sun, moon and star shots in locations around the world. TPE 3D lets you visualize the light against a detail 3D terrain model for the date and time you choose. TPE provides highly detailed information on times and directions of the light. Use the Visual Search feature to find the exact date and times when the sun or moon will give you the precise alignment you need for your shot.
"Head and shoulders above the crowd is The Photographer’s Ephemeris. Odd name, great app." - National Geographic
Search for any place name on the planet, or position the map pin exactly where you want it. Advanced features including visual sun and moon search, automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon, ensuring that you have the best possible information for planning your shoot.
The Photographer's Transit ("Photo Transit") is a map-based shot planning tool for outdoor photographers who use interchangeable lens cameras (such as SLRs). Plan the best possible camera, lenses and shooting locations for your photo trip or assignment using the sophisticated built-in field of view simulator.
Photo Transit includes detailed elevation profile information so you can scout your sightlines ahead of time, and check whether your planned focal length will capture your subject. Photo Transit's vertical field of view chart lets you see if your subject will be visible or obstructed by the local terrain.
Create projects containing detailed shot lists, including camera and subject location, height above the ground, pitch, orientation and focal length. Share your planned shots with colleagues and friends via email and social media, or export them as KML for use in your favourite GPS app.
With a rich feature set including offline maps and elevation data, and a choice of elevation data sources, The Photographer's Transit is a powerful tool for any photographer who likes to be well prepared.
See the individual app descriptions for details of many more advanced features.
Available map types for both TPE and TPT include:
- Standard, Satellite Hybrid and Terrain
- OpenStreetMap and OpenCycleMap Topographic (available offline)
TPE 3D uses Open Cycle Map topographic maps
- Please see individual app description for notes on TPE 3D
- Photo Transit app is designed for photographers using interchangeable lens cameras (e.g. SLR, Micro 4/3rds, Medium/Large format film)
- Maps and elevation-based calculations require a data connection unless an offline data source is used
- Topographic map data is available only between 60°N and 47°S
- In TPT Elevation data is subject to daily usage limits per IP address
- Availability of specific map types is dependent on 3rd party service availability, terms and conditions, and is subject to change
3 Apps in This Bundle
- App Count: 3
- Category: Photo & Video
- Size: 117 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crookneck Consulting LLC
- © 2010-17 Crookneck Consulting LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.