Simplex Spelling - School Literacy Curriculum Bundle
By Pyxwise Software Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simplex Spelling improves English spelling and reading skills by using a powerful combination of phonics lessons, spelling/word patterns, our unique “reverse phonics” approach and contextually relevant spelling rules.
Each app teaches a full year of spelling curriculum that is organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels. Each word list comes with a lesson that teaches one of the basic building blocks of spelling in the English language. These basic building blocks include the different phonograms, sounds, and spelling rules.
The Simplex Spelling lists focus on some of the highest frequency words in the English language to help students establish a base foundation of literacy and confidence with spelling and reading.
Students learn a new concept for each lesson building on the skills learned from previous lessons. Simplex Spelling guides the student and acts as a personal spelling coach with every word, while teaching students "how to spell" English words.
Memorization may be sufficient to pass a spelling test, but it often does not transfer into good long term reading and spelling skills. Our goal with the Simplex Spelling Phonics series is to not only teach a list of words, but to teach students “how to spell” these words, thus building long term skills that can be used for over 84% of the words in the English language that follow phonetic patterns.
Simplex Spelling Phonics - Rhyming With CVC Words
Simplex Spelling CVC Words teaches rhyming, segmenting and blending of over 300 three letter CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words covering all five short vowel sounds. The concepts taught are aligned with many of the US Common Core Standards for Foundational Skills in Reading for Kindergarten.
Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 - English
Teaches a full year of spelling curriculum with over 450 high frequency words divided into 42 lists. Intended for grade 1-2 students.
Simplex Spelling Phonics 2 Syllables - Spell To Read
Contains curriculum for grades 2-3. Teaches over a year of spelling curriculum with more than 650 high frequency words divided into 54 lists that are organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels.
Simplex Spelling Phonics - Advanced Phonograms
Curriculum for students in grades 4-5. Teaches over a year of spelling curriculum spanning more than 750 high frequency words divided into 52 lists that are organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels.
- Bundle covers more than 2000 high frequency words to establish a strong foundation in literacy skills.
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context and improve vocabulary.
- Introductory spelling lists seamlessly lead students through all of the application’s features.
- Covers over 200 instructional lessons to teach phonics, phonograms, and spelling rules.
- Uses a full “reverse phonics” approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints explain “how to spell” English words.
- Letter by letter feedback system provides immediate feedback.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Each app supports 40 user accounts.
- Export and email student progress reports.
- Remembers each user’s progress in every list.
- User stats screen to see mastered words and words that require further practice.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports US, UK and Canadian English spelling of words.
The following privacy disclosure applies to all apps in the bundle:
- No 3rd party ads
- No sharing of any data, although users may email reports under their own direction.
- No In-App purchases
- No links to social media
- Contain links (behind a parental gate) to a kid safe version of the developer's website.
- Contains links (behind a parental gate) to obtain developer email support and to rate the apps.
4 Apps in This Bundle
1st Grade Teacher
I bought the bundle for my own kids and ended up also using this in my classroom. The setting options are amazing I can really customize to my fast learners and my struggling learners. It's like there is another tutor beside me! The option to view a learner's progress is quick and easy, and they can understand it as well! The screen is basic and not very distracting but I found it was just perfect for my easily distract able learners. My kids like this program and are really benefitting. I recommend the bundle because it grows with your kids and great for your classroom to challenge the more advanced learners while also basic for struggling readers!
- App Count: 4
- Category: Education
- Size: 442 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pyxwise Software Inc.
- © 2011 Pyxwise Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.