By Mind The Frog, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SUDOKU with UNLIMITED grids at ANY TIME:
- UNLIMITED: MILLIONS of grids.
- ANY TIME: on or offline.
- CHALLENGING: 6 difficulty levels ranging from "easy" to "diabolical."
SUDOKU with NO DISTRACTIONS:
- FAST: no lengthy intros or slow animations.
- FRIENDLY: big buttons avoid fat-fingering.
- NON-INTRUSIVE: plays your iPOD MUSIC and nothing else.
SUDOKU on ALL your DEVICES:
- UNIVERSAL: iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- RETINA: native resolution on all screens.
- 32/64-bit HYBRID support.
SUDOKU with all the NUTS and BOLTS:
- UNDO / REDO.
- 10 CONCURRENT GRIDS.
- AUTOMATIC and MANUAL NOTES.
- CONFLICT and ERROR HIGHLIGHTING.
- CUSTOMIZABLE input and display settings.
The friendly team at mindthefrog :)
What's New in Version 3.2
Native screen resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Email feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you enjoy our app, please rate and review. :)
I like this version compared to others I've tried. I like being able to have several puzzles going at the same time on different grids. Like others, I also wondered about "guessing" where numbers go so I researched a bit. What I read was that the player should never guess, but I've been at a point (more than once) where guessing was my only option. I can only assume that somewhere along the way I misplaced a number, so again, I assume I must "undo" and recheck my placement or simply reset the grid & timer and start over. I have read that all boards have only one solution. I'm new to sudoku, but I think it is a great game. I have solved one diabolical game, but it was only after "undoing" and finding an error I made and ultimately going forward on a "guess" that turned out to be correct. I wish somewhere one could find a clear explanation of how to play. Even Wikipedia tells you all about the game, but nothing about strategy. I don't know for certain, but I believe that if you've checked and rechecked several times and cannot see a move based on logic you need to "undo" till you find your error or reset. The makers of this app should provide some info about this for those who have never played this game.
Love, but need to be more challenging
I was looking for a new sudoku app because I wasn't feeling the other one I had anymore. Came across this one and everyone had great reviews for it, so I got it. I do like the game, I like how big the puzzle is it helps me not make as many mistake when I'm playing really fast. When I saw all the different levels of difficulty I was really excited because I love being challenged with sudoku. Unfortunately I don't feel challenged at all, I finish a diabolical puzzle in less than 4 minutes. When other puzzles, say in a paper puzzle book can take me up to 10 minutes to finish. I wish it was a little harder to figure out but it is a fun app and I will continue to play. The app creators should think of more achievements to accomplish through the Game Center, I love being able to accomplish those little achievements.
Fun & works great on iPad & iPhone, even my old one, much better than the other one I tried.
I'd like 2 improvements:
1. Add an optional button which switches between 3 modes for entering notes to differentiate between possible positions for a number in a line (shown by a faint horizontal line through the note), possible positions in a column (shown by a faint vertical line through the note) and for a number in a 3x3 box (no symbol).
2. Make diabolical puzzles more challenging & less tedious, if this isn't just how they are across the board. It seems that the only way to solve diabolical puzzles is to make a guess between 2 possible entries for a cell and then put in the corresponding entries for other cells until eventually the guess proves right or wrong.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 24, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Mind The Frog, Inc.
- © 2009-2015 Mind The Frog, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.