Explore challenging dungeons! Encounter dangerous enemies as you grow in power and avoid the ever-present threat of death!
Challenge yourself in this this FREE ROGUELIKE RPG!
Cardinal Quest 2 is an approachable yet challenging roleplaying game. Dive into dangerous dungeons with unique characters and climb the leaderboards.
-FREE TO PLAY
-Challenging roleplaying gameplay
-Choose 1 of 7 unique classes (Seriously! They all play radically differently!)
-Customize your character with loot and spells you find on your way
-Explore a deep achievement system with almost 150 achievements that will test your skill
-3 different acts present different monsters and environments to overcome
-Explore the tower which offers a deep and exhausting endless mode
-A unique morale system allows you to power-up your characters between dungeon dives and adds further customization
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Wizard “Enslave” can no longer be dispelled.
- Wizard “Enslave” now recharges over time instead of with XP.
- Paladin “Consecrate” now uses the stronger Whetstone weapon damage upgrade formula.
- Pugilist “Chi Mastery” completely overhauled.
- Added a Legendary Weapon
- Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
As a huge roguelike fan, I make it a point to literally by every decent roguelike game in the App Store. Out of all the years that I have been buying roguelikes on the App Store, this is one of the first ones I've ever bought. Of all of the many I still own & play, I always keep coming back to Cardinal Quest 2 as my go-to, for either quick sessions, or lengthy dungeon dives. Once you get The Tower chapter unlocked, it just shines even more. There's only one flaw that I have found in all my time of playing the game. That is the lack of any confirmation button upon using items. I like the controls, I even like the placement of the items above the skills, but all too often I will be attempting to move down & accidentally hit an item, often it being an item of vast importance that I was saving solely for the upcoming boss fights. This pisses me off something terrible 😡! If you (dev) could just implement some kind of confirmation after tapping an item, sort of like what most of the skills have, just something like "use X, ?" it would completely fix this ONE issue in the game and make it completely perfect! I know the game is dated, and probably will never receive an update, but I can still wish...regardless, amazing game, I will be playing for many years to come!
A True FTP Enjoyable Experience
This game may not be the most unique, but it stays true to what a free-to-play game should be. This game plays exactly like a tile-based RPG (whenever you make a move monsters will move/attack [the degree hinges on the player’s speed stat]), which fits the mobile play style, since real-time action is difficult and sometimes even frustrating. There isn’t a huge element of progression, just three acts (which comprise of a few floors) and the Tower (endless); however, all except one class easily obtainable through free-to-play means, and each class has at least one major passive that alters their play style, this makes the game seem bigger, and makes up for any lack of content. This is a game that becomes extremely repetitive very quickly, but it does not become any less enjoyable because of it. Personally I found the game more enjoyable while listening to audiobooks. Surprisingly, this game doesn’t cost anything, I would expect something like this to be $2-$3 and still be high on the charts, even more surprising is that this isn’t higher on the FTP charts. If there is anything to take from this, it’s that this is a game you will want to keep because it’s a good game, it’s free, and every unlockable can be obtained for free (oh yeah, and no ads).
TB ROGUELIKE FANS MUST DOWNLOAD!
A little about me: No problems running on iPhone 6. Huge roguelike player, have beaten games like Shiren (Nintendo DS, all dungeons) to Tales of Maj'eyal (Steam, vanilla game). For a free game, this game has shocked me. Graphically it isn't winning awards, but it's deep with lots of classes, skills, items, and build outs (picking A skill prevents picking B skill, etc). I'm on vacation and just sank 3 hours into this game in a blink of an eye. The in-app purchases are not rubbed in your faces, and are merely shortcuts to unlocking classes/starting gear. Everything can be obtained easily by just playing the game (Example: Unlock Thief for 3000 Morale, I accumulated 8000 morale in those three hours). My ONLY gripe, which I am not deducting any stars for, is I wish there were designated arrow keys for movement. Two of my three journeys ended poorly because when tapping my desired movement direction, it went the wrong way. I don't blame the devs as I know if I played more patiently (hard when having fun) I would be fine, as I did in my third journey where I completed Act 1. All in all, I give this game a solid A grade, and would recommend to anyone who's a fan of the genre or wants to try it out, because it's FREE! (*TIP: Click the Magnifying Glass icon on top and then clicking anything gives detailed descriptions!!)
- Randomnine Ltd
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Randomnine Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Mini Pack of Morale $4.99
- Alchemist $4.99
- Mega Pack of Morale $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.