Learn to meditate in 12 easy steps, then take the 30 day challenge to make meditation a daily habit.
With 1 Giant Mind, Jonni Pollard, a master meditation teacher, author, and founder of the 1 Giant Mind Teacher Training Academy will teach you how to learn a 'Being' meditation technique. With 4 years of in-app research, this app has proven to reduce stress levels and generate overall better wellbeing for users. *(PSS Personal Stress Survey surveyed over 6000 users).
The 1 Giant Mind app is for anyone who wants to feel less stressed, more calm, present, and experience greater health and wellbeing. Our approach to meditation is easy and effortless. and no previous experience is required. Anyone can learn this technique in 12 short steps and begin to experience the benefits immediately.
How the 12 Step ‘Learn Meditation' Course works:
* Each step only takes 15 minutes and builds upon the previous step
* Step by step video and audio tutorial instruction guides you
* A journal and set-a-reminder tool to help you keep track of your progress and assist in making your practice a daily habit
* In-depth practical explanations to further deepen your knowledge of the technique
* Access to a ‘Review Your Experience’ videos that help you better understand all of the different experiences you can have
* Videos can be streamed or downloaded
* Unlock helpful content and rewards as you progress
* FAQ library that answers many questions that you may have as you learn this technique.
* At the end of the 12 step course you will know how to meditate anywhere, anytime, and experience deeply restful and rejuvenating meditations.
* Once you have completed the 12 step course you will unlock the 30 day challenge.
* Take the 30 day challenge to make meditation a daily habit
* Choose the length of your daily meditation, do it with or without music and with or without guidance.
* Access the journal and set a reminder tools
* Unlock content and rewards to inspire you to complete the 30 day challenge.
* Once you have completed the 12 step course you will unlock the meditation timer.
* This is a great tool to keep you on track
* Choose between 10, 15 and 20 minute meditations, with or without guidance and/or music.
* Choose a male or female voice to guide you
* Keep a journal, and set reminders.
* Track your Mindful Minutes in Apple Health
6 Key Points of this Technique
- The 1 Giant Mind Being technique is effortless to practice
- This technique is perfect for people with busy minds
- The technique requires no concentration or controlling of thoughts
- It can be practiced anywhere, at anytime, sitting comfortably with your eyes closed
- It doesn’t require any belief system to be effective
- You can feel benefits immediately
Our 30 minute timer and audio will now run for the full 30 minutes and we streamlined the Facebook login process.
Ratings and Reviews
Good Starter Meditation Program
I’m new to meditation, on Day 2 of the 30 day challenge, that comes after the 12 day tutorial. I’ve tried Headspace, Insight Timer, and this. It you want to be verbally guided for the entire sessions, both of the other two mentioned are good, some may prefer that, although Headspace seems to insist on a subscription after the tutorial.
What sets this apart is that while there is guidance, it’s not for most of the session time and you can do what I imagined meditation to be about a solo experience of self introspection with a focal point whether it be a mantra or just focus on breathing.
While I don’t agree or disagree about using a mantra, which this course teaches (using a mantra), I’ve found I prefer not to introduce an artificial focal point, a sound I create, but instead to focus on breathing which is natural, a natural sound that I have found to be a better choice. Once you can hear your heart beating, you can also use that as a focal point.
Anyway, a thumbs up for 1GM, let the journey continue! :D
Fantastic training for meditation
This app is fantastic to train your mind to slow down and meditate effectively. My favorite things about this app is the videos at the end of the meditation that help you understand what you were experiencing and why. Also, I love the journal and that I don’t have to click on something to access both the videos and the journal, they are all part of the process and both are prompted by the app after the meditation is completed. If you want to learn to meditate more effectively I strongly recommend the One Giant Mind app.
Good app, but needs a fix
I’ve been meditating with this app for over a year now. It taught me how to meditate and has kept me meditating almost on a daily basis. It’s so simple to use and has a wealth of information about meditating. That said, the app has been updated and while I like the new updates it seems like the timer is off somehow. You’re left hanging at the end with no bell to signal it’s over and the guidance cuts off. If I didn’t know how to end on my own I’d be lost. Would be great if they could fix the glitch.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.