If you're looking for great movies, 1001 Movies You Must Read Before You Die is a must read. The 1001 Movies App helps you track your progress with three versions of this list including the latest edition.
Tailor the list to your viewing history by adding your own images, notes, ratings, tags and more. Manipulate your list with powerful sort and filter features and see statistics for your progress as you take on the challenge of 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.
updated to show changes for 2017 edition of the book.
- Added the movies Victoria, La La Land, Moonlight, Manchester By the Sea, Jackie, Toni Erdmann, Under the Shadow, The 13th, I, Daniel Blake, Arrival, Hell or High Water & Jungle Book.
- Removed the following from the latest edition: Slumdog Millionaire, Black Swan, A Separation, Life of Pi, Ida, Under the Skin, Leviathan, Whiplash, The Look of Silence, Bridge of Spies, The Big Short, Straight Outta Compton
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent app for a great book
This app works flawlessly, and has so many great features, it is a nearly perfect app. I have used it to check off all the movies I've seen from the list. It lets you rate them, make notes on each movie, even upload a photo, although movie poster art is included. You get a choice of three lists: Essential, New Edition, or Complete. You can sort or filter your list by several criteria. I had been keeping the list in a spreadsheet, but this is much nicer. It is a small app, but easy to use, fast and smooth, with no glitches.
Good checklist, lousy reference
I love the ability to check off and rate movies from the 1001 films book, but other than that there's is hardly anything else to offer. The posters/images of movies have to be manually updated. There's no real film information except the absolute basics. No actors, no synopsis, no links, or trailers... not saying this has to be a comprehensive diary of each movie, but for $5 I expected more than just a checklist...
It just a list.
I couldn't recommend this app to anyone. Much of the information is incorrect (wrong directors, years, etc.). You can't check movies off from the list view, which is pretty annoying for an app that is just a list. There is no additional information about the movies either (no descriptions, actors, why it's on the list). I'm really at a loss for what you're paying for.
It's 5 dollars for a list of movies with incorrect info on many titles. Don't buy it.
- John Grummitt
- 7.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © John Grummitt / Quintessence Editions Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 1001 Movies Sync Feature $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.