12 Steps AA Companion - Alcoholics Anonymous
By Dean Huff
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOW UPDATED TO VERSION 2.5.1 with font size adjustment and iOS7 compatibility!!!
The ORIGINAL & MOST COMPREHENSIVE sobriety tool available for members of Alcoholics Anonymous. With a feature packed Big Book reader, search tool, sobriety calculator, notes, AA contacts database and more, your experience is unmatched! Every member of AA will find this app very useful yet quite simple to use.
Also, be sure to check out our 12 Steps Speakers app for audio AA, NA, CA, OA and Al-Anon.
• Available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad!
• Completely rebuilt with great, new features, functionality and layout improvements
- Beautiful new icon and app design.
• ANONYMOUS ICON
- To protect anonymity, the actual app icon does not show references to AA
• SOBRIETY CALCULATOR
- View your length of sobriety each time the app is opened
- Calculate the length of sobriety of all your friends
• THE BIG BOOK
- Highlight text!
- Adjustable font size.
- Collapsible index categories.
- Built in dictionary. Select a word to define
- Read the main 164 pages & more
- Read 60+ stories from 1st & 2nd editions
- Original forewords
- Portrait or Landscape layout for reading
- Tap the screen while reading for full screen view
- Page numbers for the main 164 pages
- Quickly jump to page number (page button)
- Search / Concordance Tool (magnifying glass)
- "Return to Bookmark" from any note made while reading the Big Book
- Morning prayer for "on awakening"
- Night prayer for "when we retire at night"
- Prayers from the steps
- Prayer of St. Francis
- The Big Book's suggestions on prayer
- Extensive gathering of promises throughout the Big Book
- Promises on Experience, Strength and Hope
- Promises from the steps and more!
- Enhanced note sharing via Facebook, Twitter and email
- Copy and Paste or highlight text and tap the note button to auto insert text into Notes
- A great study tool
- Jot down thoughts and ideas for later
- Reach out to US central offices, areas, districts and answering services
- Tap contact buttons to immediately call, e-mail or visit their website
- Edit and add your own recovery contacts
- Contact Support for help via email from contacts
- Built in routing to find contact addresses and quick access to Maps app for specific directions
Thank you everyone that has downloaded this app! I am grateful for your support! I hope you enjoy this app as a tool in your recovery and others.
If you have any comments or concerns please visit www.deanhuff.com
BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS:
- Only stories from the 1st and 2nd editions could be included.
- The 12 Steps Companion can only be available to US customers.
*Big Book and Alcoholics Anonymous are registered trademarks of AA World Services.
*Please always support AA by purchasing a printed copy from your local central office
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- iOS7 Compatibility
- Added font adjustment (zoom in or out).
- Larger text box for notes on iPhone5 and iPad.
- Updated many contacts reported by users.
- Fixed iPad rotation issue reported by some users.
- Fixed multiple search result issue.
- Various bug fixes.
A primary resource
The search features are powerful. The ability to enter a single word or phrase, and find all instances of, is immensely helpful in my studies.
This is the second edition, not the current fourth edition. The differences are minor and so subtle you may not recognize them. There has been extreme reticence over the years on the part of the active sober members of Alcoholics Anonymous to change anything in the Big Book ... "IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT" ... All changes made have been minor in nature, and reflecting the growth of the Fellowship.
Powerful, Helpful, Awesome Tool!!
I have been using this app daily for the past few weeks. I am not an alcoholic, but a food addict. The ability to simply pull out your phone and have The Big Book available!! To be able to hi-light portions, search, journal, find meetings.....just amazing. Thank You Higher Power for giving the developer such skill and knowledge to help us all.
"Together We Get Better"
A great reference tool
Hopefully whoever gets this app has already read the book. If you are familiar with the Big Book then this is a great tool to refer back to. It has search available, the ability to highlight, and the ability to make notes. The extra 12 step prayers is a nice addition. I also like that the opening screen is a sobriety calculator. It's a nice reminder that this thing works.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dean Huff
- © 2008 Dean Huff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.