By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your camera to capture the people, places and things around you as amazingly realistic 3D experiences. Capture friends, sculptures, buildings or anything else you can photograph. Automatically transform them into interactive 3D models that can be shared with friends, family, and an ever growing community of 3D photographers.
• Turn your photos into realistic 3D models by taking a series of photographs from different angles.
• Be guided through the process of capturing all angles of your subject with the Integrated Photo Compass.
• Capture 3D portraits of your friends, museum displays, architecture, plants, cats or anything else you can photograph.
• Share your captures with friends through Twitter, Facebook, Email and SMS.
• Showcase your work and follow other amazing 3D photographers from around the world through the in-app gallery.
• Store your captured objects in the cloud to access them from all your devices.
• Use the 123D Catch web app for healing and 3D printing your captures in a web browser! (123d.autodesk.com/catch)
• Export 3D models in a variety of formats from the 123D online community for use in other 3D tools and projects.
• Works on your iPad/iPhone & iPod Touch.
Find out more at 123d.autodesk.com/catch.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Stability and performance improvements
• App startup times and transition times improved in general
• Fixed issues related to uploading captures over cellular data
• Improved feedback on the status of captures in the capture queue
• Improvements and bug fixes with comments and likes in the Catch gallery
• Performance improvement to the Queue and related database
• Status changes more consistent
• Bug fixes and improvements based on customer feedback
Please fix the terrible connection issues
I used to love this app, but I hadn't used it since before the update. I didn't mind the long waits for scans to process, because they turned out well. I was excited to use this app when I went to Rome and scanned as many sculptures as I could find, unaware that I wasn't signed into my account. When I was informed that my scans wouldn't process because the app couldn't connect to the "catch servers," I assumed that it was because they didn't work in Italy. This is why I was frustrated and distraught beyond belief when I got home to find that I was still having the same issue, and that the only fix was to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I still haven't done. This app used to be one of my favorites, but it is currently completely unusable.
This new version works great! No more crashes or weird upload issues! The gyroscope/accelerometer data allows for more accurate scans than what's possible with my digital slr and computer. It takes patience to process the data but this isn't Instagram, it's creating a mesh with thousands of triangles from regular 2D photographs. This was perfect for a 3D modeling project I was working on and it couldn't have been done without this app. Thanks Autodesk! I used it successfully with an iPhone 5 and an iPad air.
One of a kind software
This app is nothing short of amazing. Sure it may take some time to process, but nothing to rate any less over, unless you think you can find something better. I've not yet experienced a connection problem either. For the great price, and what it does, with nothing else comparable out there, how could anybody complain.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 123D Premium monthly membership$9.99
- 123D Premium 1-year membership$99.99
- 123D Premium 2-year membership$189.99