By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your camera to capture the people, places and things around you as amazingly realistic 3D experiences. Capture friends, sculptures, buildings or anything else you can photograph. Automatically transform them into interactive 3D models that can be shared with friends, family, and an ever growing community of 3D photographers.
• Turn your photos into realistic 3D models by taking a series of photographs from different angles.
• Be guided through the process of capturing all angles of your subject with the Integrated Photo Compass.
• Capture 3D portraits of your friends, museum displays, architecture, plants, cats or anything else you can photograph.
• Share your captures with friends through Twitter, Facebook, Email and SMS.
• Showcase your work and follow other amazing 3D photographers from around the world through the in-app gallery.
• Store your captured objects in the cloud to access them from all your devices.
• Use the 123D Catch web app for healing and 3D printing your captures in a web browser! (123d.autodesk.com/catch)
• Export 3D models in a variety of formats from the 123D online community for use in other 3D tools and projects.
• Works on your iPad/iPhone & iPod Touch.
Find out more at 123d.autodesk.com/catch.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• Stability and performance improvements
• App startup times and transition times improved in general
• Fixed issues related to uploading captures over cellular data
• Improved feedback on the status of captures in the capture queue
• Improvements and bug fixes with comments and likes in the Catch gallery
• Performance improvement to the Queue and related database
• Status changes more consistent
• Bug fixes and improvements based on customer feedback
Could be the best app
This is the most impressive app. Working in the 3D industry, this would be my most used app if I could just log in. For such an impressive and CPU heavy service, it seems ironic that where it fails is the most basic of features. I am able to log in, but my scans always disappear and when I try to do anything I am logged out. For example: if I try to change my avatar I am able to select one of my photos, then a window pops up saying "you haven't visited the community for a while so we logged you out. Please log back in". I select "ok" and the same window pops up again. I select "ok" again and it takes me to a login page. I try to login and I find myself, again, at a blank login page. It's like I'm in a labyrinth. Very, very frustrating. I've tried to make it work many times.
I don't care about the social aspect of this app at all I really just want to be able to scan things. I'd pay for this app if it worked.
To get better ratings people want better results & to be able to save to Hard drive. If it is possible to put guidelines like a dot that can be put in the middle of the object to better keep track of the position, & some red squares that represent where the picture is being taken once the first one is taken it stays then the second box appears showing where the next overlapping shot should be. This would lead to more perfect projects. After finishing seeing the nice results we should be able to email the obj file to ourselves with texture files in a zip. People love to keep there work & show it off. They will definitely let them know where it was made to bring the popularity up. Nice app can be perfect if u try to get these updates in.
The only reason that I am giving this app two star sis that when I have gotten it to work, it makes a pretty good model. The first time I tried it, I took my pictures according to the on screen instructions. I followed all of the directions, and within an hour I had a decent 3D model. I blame the imperfections on the speed with which I took the pictures. All of the subsequent times I have tried to make a model, the process freezes for days with the message "thinking some more." I have tried logging out and logging back in to get the process started again. Nothing works. I reinstalled the app as a last ditch effort, and found that my capture had been deleted (I kind of expected this). When it works, it's great, but that is when it works.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 123D Premium monthly membership$9.99
- 123D Premium 1-year membership$99.99
- 123D Premium 2-year membership$189.99