By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create fantastic 3D sculptures with Autodesk 123D Sculpt+
Design your creation, then add detailed features or paint on skin, fur, feathers. Whatever you imagine. Export your finished sculpture as an image or 3D model and 3D print into a real sculpture!
• Create or sculpt anything - creatures, spaceships, vehicles, props and more directly on your iPad in full 3D.
• 3D texturing and painting lets you apply your own photos directly onto the surface of your model
• Easy to use yet extremely powerful skeleton builder makes creating 3D objects as easy as drawing a stick figure.
• In-app 3D print ordering allows you to turn your digital sculpture into a real physical object delivered to your door
• Export sculptures as OBJ files with textures for use in other 3D tools such as Autodesk Maya or 3ds Max.
• Browse the community to get inspired and remix sculptures made by other users, and share your own original creations.
• Support for Apple Pencil!
• Optimized layout for iPad Pro
• FBX Export (including bones) for integration with Autodesk Maya and other professional 3D tools.
What's New in Version 2.1
We are excited to bring you Sculpt+ 2.1!
In addition to the usual bug fixes and enhancements we have added the following:
- Support for Apple Pencil!
- Optimized layout for iPad Pro
- FBX Export (including bones) for integration with Autodesk Maya and other professional 3D tools.
Thank you again to the amazing community of users who make Sculpt+ thrive!
Best 3D Modeling App for iOS
This app, by far is the best for beginner 3D modeling. When I got this app about 5 months ago, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. However, I was able to learn rather quickly and decently model a few things. On the other hand though, there are a few cons. The posing function is garbage. I won't go as far to say that it doesn't work but, it needs drastic improvement. Another thing that can be a pain at times is the community. I'm not going name any names but, some people on this app are very quick to blame and are most likely nine year olds who are bored and want to just create an internet comment war. That aside, this app is hands down, the best 3D modeling app for iOS.
Needs some work
This could be a fun app, but a feature that would be really helpful is a way to lock the sculpture in place while working on it! Or at least make the command to move it different... The app is terrible at distinguishing between a touch to change the sculpture and a touch to move/rotate it, so the image is always moving, which makes creating detail nearly impossible.
Also, the sculpting tools have glitches that leave sharp planes through the sculpture that are hard to get rid of. An update to these tools or some way of getting rid of the planes would be nice.
Fantastic! Can't wait to see more functionality.
This is awesome! It's a simple and intuitive sculpting program that allows for quite a bit of freedom. It's worth checking out for anyone who's new to digital sculpting. Thank you for making such a solid application!
--A note to Autodesk--
There is an issue I noticed. When viewing the app in split screen, it distorts and squishes the model. This means you can't really use split screen to work from a reference, and instead have to slide in and out of the multitask sidebar to avoid the display distortion.
It would also be fantastic to have incandescent and specular painting modes, and some other functionality like sculpting/painting layers. I'd be willing to pay up to $8-$10 for a more professional level iteration of this app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 27, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 480 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.