123D Design for Education
By Autodesk Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
* This app has reduced functionality and is designed for use in educational settings. *
Create amazing 3D designs, right on your iPad!
With Autodesk 123D Design for Education what you design is up to you.
How it works
* Get started by choosing one of the basic shapes and then edit it to be just what you want.
* Easily connect one shape to another to make more detailed designs. Objects snap naturally to the centers of faces.
* The included parts and example projects are a fun way to play around with design ideas or get acclimated to design concepts.
* Chose from one of the example kits and start building. Each part is editable so you can try out different ideas and make them your own.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor Fixes supporting iOS8
Please upgrade this app!!
At first it was frustrating , but after a few days of playing with it I was able to become familiar with shaping ,placing, and resizing objects to build my space ship. There are default objects that are provided , but not a whole lot and they are very basic. You can paint them , but there is no texture or import image option. You cant make your own shapes, but you can use the shapes that are provided and stretch or deform them to fit your needs.
The bad: no exporting 3d file, no recording for animation, crashed when building detailed model, lost all work. No importing images onto 3d model , cant draw your own shapes.
Does not work with ios 11.0.2 !!!!
The good: great for learning 3d design. Easy to use. After you are done with your project you can export a picture of your design, however you pose it. You can put a green screen or any background photo from your album.
Unfortunately i upgraded to ios 11.0.2 because it has screen capture, and i thought i would be able to capture my 3d ship as i turned and moved it. But app will no longer open.
Path to nowhere
Fun app with a hand full of easy to use tools but after your done creating on your iPad you piece of art will never leave. No option to export or save your 3d Art as a 3d file!?! only option is to to email a .png file.
Great to use
This app is a fun way to bring your ideas to life! It's easy to use and at the end you can 3D print you design.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 27, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 76.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.