Have you ever wanted to share a scripture with someone but didn’t have your Bible with you, or couldn’t remember the reference? Now you can have all the scriptures of your favorite study series with you everywhere you go. You can always be ready to make the most of every opportunity!
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” 1 Peter 3:15
— — — — — — — — — — — —
• You can expand any underlined scripture reference to the full scripture by just tapping on it.
• You can get the definition of almost any word in a study by tapping and holding on the word to select it, then tapping Define on the selection popup menu.
• You can copy part or all of a study and then paste it into another app or into an email to send to a friend. Just tap and hold on the text you want to select, then use the blue selection dots to expand the selection to as much of the study as you want. Then tap Copy on the selection popup menu. Then switch to the other app and paste into it.
• You can change the text size in the studies by tapping the settings button (looks like a gear), then tapping the little A to make text smaller, or the big A to make text larger.
• You can use the app and the studies you’ve purchased on multiple devices. For example, if you’ve purchased a study series on your iPhone, and you want to view it on your iPad, tap the settings button in the 1st Principles Store and then tap “Restore purchases”. Note, even if you try to purchase the study series again on your iPad, iTunes will not charge you for it, it will just unlock it so you can download it for free. This assumes that you are using the same iTunes account on both devices.
• If you see any formatting or content errors in any of the studies, or if you have ideas on how we can improve the app, tap the settings button in the 1st Principles Library or Store and tap “Email feedback”.
Fixed the problem that caused downloadable studies to not show up in the store.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! I can't believe people are complaining about paying a buck!
Seriously, people pay hundreds of dollars to Apple for an iPhone or iPad, and they pay for other apps like Angry Birds, but they complain about spending a buck to support the development of an app to help spread the Word? Their lack of gratitude and sense of entitlement surprises and saddens me. I'm a software developer, and I know making an app like this takes a lot of time and effort. And, as Matthew 10:10 says, "The worker is worth his keep."
I love how they've made the studies look good on an iPhone and iPad, despite the different screen sizes and resolutions. And being able to tap a Bible reference to see the verses is awesome! They've made a great looking and very useful tool, and I look forward to the ways they will enhance the app in the future.
Keep up the good work guys. I'm happy to support the development of an app like this!
Loving this App!!
I actually just looked back on this app, thinking it was only (the traditional) 1st Principles studies. I didn't realize they updated it to add in study series from other churches!! I was so encouraged to see studies from all the different churches we've been apart of over the years! Even more, their are SO MANY extra studies, from so many different sources. I'm looking forward to using one of them in my study tomorrow! Yes, they are $.99. WELL worth it. Thank you to everyone who has worked on these. Makes me feel closer to my brothers and sisters to see what they are teaching in their churches! :) I'll be checking it regularly to buy more!!
I was delighted to see how well organized, functional, and wonderfully simplistic this is! This will be an extremely useful tool for any person with the heart to help others to know God's word and for students of the Bible.
I see so much potential for the depth of resources that can be made available with apps like this and I gladly pay that tiny fee to help make that possible and sustainable.
- Ed Partch
- 11.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 CheapBrain
- In-App Purchases
- First Principles, 1993 Version $0.99
- Knowing God Study Series $0.99
- Boston Church of Christ Study Series $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.