1Writer combines all the basic text editing features you would expect with all the advanced features you will ever need. Use 1Writer to write, research, revise, and share your ideas with maximum efficiency.
- - - - - - - - - -
"The only Dropbox- and Markdown-enabled text editor for iPhone that’s clicked with me has been 1Writer. It’s simple, looks great, and gets the job done." - TheSweetSetup.com
"Really great app, really recommend it." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"The app interface is beautiful and distraction-free, with loads of other awesome features lurking beneath its simple exterior. It's now my go-to iPhone text editor." - Chris Gonzales, ToolsandToys.net
"For users that want a great visual experience paired with great support for custom actions and third party apps, 1Writer is an excellent choice." - iMore.com
"1Writer is the most powerful text editor available for iPhone." - Phillip Gruneich
- - - - - - - - - -
- Write :: generate and edit plain text or Markdown files.
- Preview :: see the formatted results with Markdown syntax highlighting while you write and a full, rich-text preview when you're done.
- Extended keyboard :: a convenient row of buttons for navigation, formatting, special characters (customizable--pick the characters you use the most).
- Insert photo :: pick a photo or take a new one, and 1Writer will upload it to Dropbox and generate the Markdown-syntax to add it to your document--all in a single action!
- Snippets :: TextExpander Touch support.
- Custom URL actions :: insert a document template, encode a selection and replace the original text, look up synonyms and much more*.
- iCloud Drive support.
- Sync your existing Dropbox folders and documents.
- Share extension :: send text to 1Writer from other apps. In Safari, the extension uses the current URL, page title and selected text to create a new document.
- Create, append, prepend, or replace text directly from other apps using the 1Writer URL scheme.
- CloudApp and Dropbox :: generate a link to share your document in plain text or PDF.
- Evernote :: pick your notebook, add tags and turn a text selection or the entire document into a new, rich-text note.
- Copy HTML :: put the formatted text for your document directly on the clipboard.
- Custom actions :: open a web search, tweet a selection, save a series of items in a list and much more*.
- 2 dark themes for more comfortable reading and writing at night.
- Choose from 20 different fonts.
- Bookmark and sync the Dropbox folders you want to have quick access to the sub-folders and documents you need.
- Use a passcode or Touch ID/Face ID to protect the app from unauthorized users.
- In-app web browser :: research, look up information without having to leave the app.
- Bookmarks :: create and access your favorite websites.
- Save the current text selection to the clipboard in Markdown syntax.
- 1Password support :: login to all your accounts using the 1Password extension.
EVEN MORE GREAT FEATURES
- Drag and drop support on iOS 11.
- Open in Place support.
- MultiMarkdown support.
- Search documents from Spotlight.
- Find & replace within document.
- Photo and PDF preview.
- Today widget :: access your recent documents from the Notification Center or create a new document in one tap.
- Checklist support :: create a list of things to do or topics to research, and easily check them off.
- Full-text search and hashtag support :: search within a folder to find the document you need, and view related documents that have the same tag.
* Compatible third-party apps include: Drafts, Terminology, Day One, Editorial, Phraseology, Byword, Ulysses, Tumblr, Chrome, Gmail, Launch Center Pro, Tweetbot, Dispatch, Due, Fantastical, Clear, OmniFocus, Things, 2Do and many more.
=== Version 2.9 ===
* Updated for iOS 12.
* Updated for latest devices.
* Added Siri Shortcuts for creating/opening documents in 1Writer, available in iOS Settings > Siri & Search.
* Added support for Favorites and Trash.
* Recents and Open Other are now moved to Folders screen.
* Favorites, Trash, Recents and Open Other can be reordered or disabled by tapping Edit button.
* Added support for wiki-style file link: [[relative-file-path]].
* Links and file links are now clickable in edit mode.
* Various UI improvements.
1Writer now has an optional tip jar. We've never charged for an update so any additional support will be gratefully received. The tip jar is there as a way for you to show your appreciation and support for new updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Superb plain-text writing app
I've tried them all. 1Writer is the best. Even if you do not use the scripting actions, the flawless Dropbox sync, customizable keyboard, and file organization is perfectly implemented for a plain-text workflow.
I use this in conjunction with Drafts 4 on iOS and nvALT and Atom text editors on macOS.
All necessary functionalities there. Pure, great, and simple. If developer can enhance the iOS share functionality to allow appends to existing documents instead of only create document
This is a good one
After wasting money on two other useless apps, finally, a developer with common sense. It’s intuitive and useful. Good job.
- Ngoc Luu
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Ngoc Luu
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $4.99
- Nice Tip $2.99
- Massive Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.