1Writer - Note taking, writing app
By Ngoc Luu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
1Writer combines all the basic text editing features you would expect with all the advanced features you will ever need. Use 1Writer to write, research, revise, and share your ideas with maximum efficiency.
- - - - - - - - - -
"The only Dropbox- and Markdown-enabled text editor for iPhone that’s clicked with me has been 1Writer. It’s simple, looks great, and gets the job done." - TheSweetSetup.com
"Really great app, really recommend it." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"The app interface is beautiful and distraction-free, with loads of other awesome features lurking beneath its simple exterior. It's now my go-to iPhone text editor." - Chris Gonzales, ToolsandToys.net
"For users that want a great visual experience paired with great support for custom actions and third party apps, 1Writer is an excellent choice." - iMore.com
"1Writer is the most powerful text editor available for iPhone." - Phillip Gruneich
- - - - - - - - - -
- Write :: generate and edit plain text or Markdown files.
- Preview :: see the formatted results with Markdown syntax highlighting while you write and a full, rich-text preview when you're done.
- Extended keyboard :: a convenient row of buttons for navigation, formatting, special characters (customizable--pick the characters you use the most).
- Insert photo :: pick a photo or take a new one, and 1Writer will upload it to Dropbox and generate the Markdown-syntax to add it to your document--all in a single action!
- Snippets :: TextExpander Touch support.
- Custom URL actions :: insert a document template, encode a selection and replace the original text, look up synonyms and much more*.
- iCloud Drive support.
- Sync your existing Dropbox folders and documents.
- Share extension :: send text to 1Writer from other apps. In Safari, the extension uses the current URL, page title, and selected text to create a new document.
- Create, append, prepend, or replace text directly from other apps using the 1Writer URL scheme.
- CloudApp, Droplr and Dropbox :: generate a link to share your document in plain text or PDF.
- Evernote :: pick your notebook, add tags and turn a text selection or the entire document into a new, rich-text note.
- Copy HTML :: put the formatted text for your document directly on the clipboard.
- Custom URL actions :: open a web search, tweet a selection, save a series of items in a list or Reminders app and much more*.
- A dark theme for more comfortable reading and writing at night.
- Choose from 17 different fonts.
- Bookmark and sync the Dropbox folders you want to have quick access to the sub-folders and documents you need.
- Use a passcode or Touch ID to protect the app from unauthorized users.
- In-app web browser :: research, look up information without having to leave the app.
- Bookmarks :: create and access your favorite websites.
- Save the current text selection to the clipboard in Markdown syntax.
- 1Password support :: login to all your accounts using the 1Password extension.
EVEN MORE GREAT FEATURES
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Today widget :: access your recent documents from the Notification Center, or create a new document in one tap.
- Checklist support :: create a list of things to do or topics to research, and easily check them off in preview mode.
- Search and hashtag support :: search within a folder to find the document you need, and view related documents that have the same hashtag.
* Compatible third-party apps include: Drafts, TextTool, Terminology, Day One, Editorial, Phraseology, Byword, Tumblr, 1Password, Chrome, Gmail, Launch Center Pro, Tweetbot, Riposte, Buffer, Missives, Dispatch, Due, Fantastical 2, 2 Days, TaskAgent 3, Clear, Silo, Begin, OmniFocus, Things, and many more.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Requires iOS 8.
- Optimized for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Unlock 1Writer using Touch ID.
- Bug fixes.
iCloud Drive Support
- Access files in 1Writer iCloud folder from your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC.
- "Open..." menu: open and edit documents on your iCloud Drive and from other apps inside 1Writer.
Extended Keyboard Row
- Optimized landscape mode for the iPad, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Ability to assign your most used actions to extended keyboard row buttons.
Improved in-app Web Browser
- Bookmarks: create and access your favorite websites.
- Copy the current text selection in Markdown syntax.
- 1Password integration.
- Safari share extension: save the current URL, page title and selected text to 1Writer.
- Today widget: access your recent documents from the Notification Center.
- New Actions UI.
- Action sharing.
If you like the new features and improvements, please take a minute to leave a nice review or a rating on the App Store, it really helps!
Perfect Dropbox-compatible Markdown Editor
I was looking for a full-featured Dropbox compatible text editor for a long time and tried several apps in this category, but after reading a review about the new features of 1Writer, I decided to purchase this app and give it a try. TBH, I'm really impressed by its features and interface.
Extended keyboard, check box option, real-time preview, background app refresh and above all, Dropbox auto-sync feature are just some of its advantages. Several new iOS8-compatible features such as the notification widget and sharing option, which works perfectly in Safari, are awesome and handy as well.
I was confused at first while I was trying to get the auto-sync feature to work, but after a few minutes, I simply set up a Dropbox folder and now everything will be synced between all of my devices.
Best Writing App on the App Store
I looked really thoroughly for an app I could use for writing (lyrics/poems mostly) because a lot of my ideas come at night and Notes is blinding with the white background. I searched through dozens of apps and spent some money but wasn't happy. Then I saw 1Writer featured by Apple and gave it a shot.
It is everything I could have wanted and more.
1Writer has the most pleasing dark theme I have seen in a writing app yet. I leave it set that way all the time - I just love the perfect selection of hues and the way it sets the mood for writing. It's perfect! Not too little contrast and not too much.
There are lots of other reasons why this is absolutely a 5 star app, like the incredibly comprehensive customization options, iCloud and iTunes Documents folders, the beautiful design, ease of use, and on and on. I normally give free apps a shot before going for the paid ones, but I can say without hesitation that this app is worth every penny and should be every writer's first choice for writing.
The one thing I would like to see is the option to create sub-folders within the iCloud folder to organize documents better, if that's possible.
Awesome notes app, keeps getting better!
1Writer is an awesome Markdown editor that just keeps getting better and better. The inline Markdown preview, addition of checklists and universal iPad/iPhone availability make it ideal for my narrative-driven planning and organization style. However, I was pleasantly surprised, then blown away, by the addition of the integrated web browser, the elegant Today Screen and Safari integration, and 1Writer Actions! The developer, Ngoc Luu, is amazing -- super responsive and clearly focused on making 1Writer the best writing tool and writing experience. A Mac version of 1Writer would end my quest for the ideal writing toolkit.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 27, 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: Ngoc Luu
- © 2014 Ngoc Luu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.